Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thomas Cook ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this information is hiding somewhere on another thread. I did do a search and I’m coming up empty!

I’m heading to Sölden on Saturday flying into Innsbruck with Thomas Cook. I have booked ski carriage already but looking at their website they allow you to carry skis, boots, poles and helmet as part of the ski carriage but it all has to fit in one bag Puzzled I have a seperate ski and boot bag which I was planning to use (and will ensure both are within the 20kg allowance). Has anyone had issues with this? I’d like to use my hand luggage allowance for other extras rather than my boots.

Also first time skiing Sölden so if anyone has any must do’s and can recommend a ski school/instructor for a private lesson please let me know Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is Thomas Cook the airline? If so, the rules are on their website and likely to be enforced. Stuff your boots into your holdall.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sugarmoma666, the rules are there yes, problem is the cabin bag weight limit is 6kg so it’s a bit tight to get ski boots + other non hold items in! Think I’ll have to make it work though, so frustrating that they can’t be separate if within weight! I did call Thomas cook and asked if I taped the boot bag to the ski bag would it be ok....apprently yes Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm assuming you are not planning on taking another hold bag to check in? You might end up having to wear your boots on the plane!! Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wasn’t planning to no! I travel a lot with work so I’m usually a hand luggage only person. Good job I didn’t pay to reserve seats on the plane either as hubby will probably divorce me if that happens! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PisteQueen wrote:
@sugarmoma666, the rules are there yes, problem is the cabin bag weight limit is 6kg so it’s a bit tight to get ski boots + other non hold items in! Think I’ll have to make it work though, so frustrating that they can’t be separate if within weight! I did call Thomas cook and asked if I taped the boot bag to the ski bag would it be ok....apprently yes Laughing

Are you not taking a holdall or suitcase as well as your ski bag? My ski boots travel in my holdall in the hold.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sugarmoma666, no I’m not, booked flights and accommodation separate not as a package so no hold luggage included. But honestly the 20kg ski allowance and 6kg hand luggage is more than enough for me for a week so I don’t really want to have to buy additional hold luggage just to take the boots in their own bag. I’m just going to use my hand luggage allowance.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Be very careful with Thomas Cook... I posted this in another thread recently...

marksymoo wrote:
I've not had mine weighed before, but I have seen other people have theirs weighed.. Mostly backpacks that appears to be stuffed full of items, and I've seen a briefcase weighed at check in too. Guess it's the luck of the draw/who serves you.

I'd have thought if a person travelling with you is under the 5kg hand luggage allowance, then common sense of pooling this weight across a party would be acceptable, much like their hold luggage. May be worth checking with them? (and hoping you don't get someone having a bad day!)

^^^^^^
This... I had a nightmare last year at Manchester travelling with Thomas Cook... they were militant on me rolling eyes I had ski boots that fitted perfectly in a cabin sized "wheeled case" but came in just too heavy at weigh in for hand baggage... I then had to put one boot in my check in bag which took this over weight and they charged me for the excess weight on my checked in baggage! The combined weight of our entire party was below the allotted "pooled weight" but they still wouldn't budge... cost me an extra £20 quid Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy