Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg St Maurice season in a campervan

Poster: A snowHead
@no.strife_vanlife, i thought i posted the link to the site: https://www.capfun.co.uk/campsite-france-rhone_alpes-plan_fernuy-EN.html

They do have people working there as seasonal staff.......so you never know, they may need someone to do a bit of work that would fit in with what you want to do?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bar shaker wrote:
Bianchigray wrote:
Quote:

I see it also says it has a free bus route to the piste.

Re this - you park literally at the bottom of the piste with a gondola and chair lift. The chair lift also takes pedestrians (free) up to Tignes Les Boisses (5 mins), from there, there is the ski bus which runs round the 'resorts' including Tignes centre. The buses run before and after the lifts.

The chair is now gone. There is a bubble there now but it doesn't go up as high. Not sure what time it runs until.

The whole employment thing could change dramatically after March 29th. If companies must pay French minimum wage next season (likely regardless of Brexit deal) they will almost certainly not be giving out lift passes too. You may also need a work visa, to work in France.

What do you mean by a bubble. Is the a gondola. Has anyone got anymore details ie, running times etc. Its looking like TLB is the most viable option at the moment.

Also Kenzie do you have any info on how you can approach such jobs.

Thanks for the replies peeps
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of the considerstions is the choice of lift pass for the season and it's cost. Also, although they are big ski areas, any other of the ski areas will ordinarily add to that base if you want to explore a little.

Have you looked at Maurienne valley, Val Cenis area? The season pass there may give you more variety as it's spread across five different ski areas all at the far end of the valley. It's also used summer time with alot more camping areas, some of which are obviously used for winter. Parking is generally not restricted there so much more relaxed overall. It's cost base is lower than Tarentaise so maybe give you different economic model with less demand on income.

Far less obvious seasonal workers contingent there, don't know if less competition would make it easier or more difficult to find work.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Val Cenis and 4 other nearby resort season pass (Eskimo) is incredibly good value if bought early.

Somewhere around 350 euros if i'm not mistaken.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.valcenis.ski/Accueil/page_981_34_EN.html

Couldn't find current pricing, this one is one year old.

It's a great valley to ski and much less distorted by the big ski rush of some.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I watched a video a day or two ago of a VanLife camped out at the bottom of the venicular is BSM. He was in an Airsteam, but pretty sure he didn't pay anything. I'll dig out the link.

Also, KiteVanMan is in Morzine for his 2nd winter. I know his girlfriend is working cleaning chalets, so definitely worth hitting him up for some info.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ummm, tell a lie. He stayed at Huttopia in BSM but looks like it works out at around 700 euros a month because of the facilities. If you want to check out his video he's on YouTube as Andrew Ditton.

Good luck with the build.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can negotiate a discount at Huttopia if you stay more than a couple of weeks.
The big advantage there is the inclusive elec.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@no.strife_vanlife,
For Brit tour operator jobs check the websites of the TOs. For lift company jobs check the likes of STGM (Tignes), STVI (Val D'Isere) etc
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski3 wrote:
http://www.valcenis.ski/Accueil/page_981_34_EN.html

Couldn't find current pricing, this one is one year old.

It's a great valley to ski and much less distorted by the big ski rush of some.

Thanks you ski3 and mikey charlton I will have a look at val cents for sure 350 for a ski pass is very reasonable and would mean that we could find a job where the ski pass was not included

Ratkinsonuk - I looked up the youtube leads and have since been in touch with kitevanman, thanks for that.

Scamper I will bare in mind BSM but I think there are now more viable options on the table. 700 euros a month is no good.

Kenzie I will bare that in mind. Do you know hoe early you can secure a job for next season?

Thanks for all the replies guys it is appreciated.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiers who live in campervans normally smell and don't wash their hair.

If you must do it, Les Menuires, in the 3Vs, is a cheap and popular location to park a season.

Loads of unwashed seasonnaires there.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I looked at your van conversion thread, looks like a very good level of adaption and start of a fun adventure.

On Whitegold point, there's a really good municipal swimming pool right next to the main lift pass office and entry lifts to Val Cenis in Lansvillard. So swim and shower are very easily accessible on a daily basis. You may be able to get longer term pool access from tourist office for your purposes.

There's often campers parked directly across the road from this area (there's a few surfaced areas layed out for them it seems) but having not used the facility I've no info regarding costs if any are applicable. It just looks free in winter but I couldn't be sure.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.camping-valcenis-savoie.com/fr/affiche.php

This site also faces the ski area at the edge of Lansvillard village, could be of interest.

You can just walk across the road to the lifts etc.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@no.strife_vanlife,
Recruitment starts after the end of the current season, so May time onwards, depending on the company concerned.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We stay at campsite in Val Cenis every year- very good value for money, brilliant showers/ drying rooms etc- very popular with seasonal workers.
latest report
Just read on a different forum that the Les Brev at Tignes may no longer be an option - " they were being chased away at Xmas"

Extra copied comment...
heard that they are no longer tolerated and police handing out €200 fines to miscreants - might be an urban myth but it does seem as if the locals no longer want overnighters there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy