Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Begging Letter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a previous member of SCGB I am now the proud owner of a letter requesting I re-join ? Short memories. I am more likley to re-new my season ticket at Sunderland and that will only happen when Durham becomes a top ski resort in Europe and Frosty the Snowman skis under 15 stones. Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul Mason, the Lardy Snow God is more likely to ski over 15 stones but he'll never know, because they're buried under the metre and a half of snow he's ordered.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul Mason wrote:
..... to re-new my season ticket at Sunderland and that will only happen when Durham becomes a top ski resort in Europe..........

Oh ye of little faith Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paul Mason, come back, all is forgiven, Paul snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Paul Mason, ditto, given the reasons I gave for my departure I'm amazed they have the gall to ask me to re join. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Paul Mason - as a toon army fan , you have my sympathy - still, after today's poor performance by Newcastle against Liverpool, I hope we aren't heading for relegation too.
BTW, - I' m thinking of chucking in the SCGB aswell - I get discounts from other sources anyway & the reps always use the same restaurants - we all know why that is!!. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BTW, - I' m thinking of chucking in the SCGB aswell - I get discounts from other sources anyway & the reps always use the same restaurants - we all know why that is!!. Toofy Grin[/quote]

That is nonsense.

I once spent a whole season repping for the ski club.

I always took members to the areas I thought would be best for skiing on any particular day and we would have lunch wherever it was convenient. Certainly I got to know which restaurants were best value for money and just as important, where the service was likely to be reasonably quick, hence the reason I might have visited some of them more than once. I never asked for, hinted for, or received any freebies of any kind from the retaurants I visited and I am sure that goes for any rep I have ever skied with also.

Certainly some tour operator reps work that way, but not ski club reps. It is made clear to ski club reps at the interview before being accepted on the course and repeated on the course itself, that any kind of scrounging by reps, be that from restaurants or club members is totally unacceptable. It is made very clear that you are expected to finance yourself.

I think your comment is way out of order.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richjp wrote:
BTW, - I' m thinking of chucking in the SCGB aswell - I get discounts from other sources anyway & the reps always use the same restaurants - we all know why that is!!. Toofy Grin

That is nonsense.

I think your comment is way out of order.[/quote]

Totally agree. On the two occassions I skied with the reps it was difficult even for them to accept a drink at lunchtime, and at that just a coke, let alone anything more than that. And that after five days skiing with the rep in 2003!.

It is really annoying that this nonsense is being perpetuated on these threads Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok guys - must have hit a raw nerve there! - perhaps I've just had a bad experience on one or two occasions - do you think SCGB reps are more liability conscious now WRT to members saftey? - I get that feeling.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skiologist, I notice that you were advised by a rep not to ski off piste with the group as s/he thought you weren't up to it- is that in your list of reasons/sore points?????????- quite apart from gastronomic consideratons
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep - perhaps he was being cautious as I have an aggravated tendon on top of the left foot due to boot problems. - this is despite the fact that I have done an off-piste backcountry course in St Anton in January this year with snoworks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy