Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

campitello

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
campitello, friends have booked a week and have asked us if we would like to join them , we i.e myself and wife can only go for 5 days but we can get reasonable flights and train transfer to within striking distance, would appreciate views on what the town has to offer as a quick search doesnt come up with a lot of info other than it links but by lift both up and down to the sella ronda. has anyone been and how did it go is really my question
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ski for fun, the very first time snowHeads had a Birthday Bash, it was in Campitello.

Yes there is not a lot going on there in terms of apres that I recall, but Canazei is easily reachable up the valley - not sure how long the busses run but a taxi would not be a lot.

You can't ski down to Campitello - the only uplink is a cablecar and you have to download on that too. But the place is not big enough for that to cause major delays and again you can go to Canazei and uplink there if desired (or even on up to Alba).

We got on fine with it as a base - there's plenty of skiing once you get on the Sella Ronda. Partly it also depends on the level of experience and ability of the party. The runs at the top of the cablecar, while not difficult by any stretch, are not necessarily immediately friendly to a beginner in my view. There's a bar at the top of the cable car that seemed to have a busy later afternoon scene until last cable car run.

Another possible downside is that you're not immediately "next" to any of the big draws on the Sella Ronda - so for example unlike Arabba not in the great position to go up Marmolada and likewise unlike Corvara/San Cassiano not right next to the endless blue plateau, not quite by Val Gardena and the world cup run / Seceda. But the fun is getting to these places and skiing the areas.

To add more, I guess the question is - what sort of thing would you be looking for?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SteveM,
thankx weve been to dolomites a couple of times yrs in the past in fact wifes first ski hol was in selva some 40 yrs ago the skiing suits us esp the various full day adventures. just not so sure about campitello due to having to get the lift down which is a pain at the end of the day , the shortage of apres is a bore but our friends have a good deal in a nice hotel so with a bit of planning having looked at the timetable skibus and taxis should enable us to get the most out of the area and mainly we would be using the 4 1/2 days skiing as a warm up for the main event in march, saalbach which is our favorite
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Campitello is the Sella Ronda on the cheap for reasons of access and being quiet.

Still way better than no Sella Ronda. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Campitello is ok if you want to ski - barcrawl not an option. Just go early to the gondola otherwise there can be a long queue.

You have quick acces to Val Gardena with Ortisei and St. Christina and Alp de Siusi for the rich elderly. But much more if you want.

Ref. Friedrich August very nice - just for a morning stop when coming up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy