Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying lift passes online?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a group trip to ADH and I see online we can get approx £20 each off by buying in advance online, has anyone else done this? Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@feefee, not at ADH, but the lift company for the Jungfrau region in Switzerland offers up to 20% discount on the standard lift ticket price if you order them online at least 21 days in advance, and I've done this for the last few years. I'm sure several lift companies will offer similar online deals, and if they do then why not use them? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought Saalbach lift passes online, cheaper than the TO. They send them in the post. Very easy no problems.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is no reason to waste expensive holiday time standing in slow queues to buy lift passes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, Whilst I endorse your view in general Pam my advice to mates has changed in Tignes. There is no longer a discount for the Pass Tignes, which was available on line after buying the card at a cost of €10. So if they arrive and Day one looks like being a non starter for weather (which does happen up here in Paradise) then they can save by buying a 5 day pass instead. Before Christmas I had a mate arriving for 4 days, a storm was forecast for the last day, so I advised buying a 3 day, the financial risk was only €7 (ie the extra cost of 3 days +1 vs 4). The gain had a potential to be €47. The storm arrived - its was a Tichot only deal so the €47 went on a very nice meal. A different way of looking at things I know, but worthy of consideration.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Typing this on a transfer coach to ADH, with my online purchased lift pass in my pocket. Actually staying on Oz so bought via their website but ordered 15 Dec and arrived well before Christmas (think 4 or 5 days).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w, though I bought my lift pass for this season on line I actually like visiting the lift pass office in Arcs1600. The ldies there are so nice a pleasant. Even doing the research for me on how much a la Rossiere day pass would cost. They are also great on advising about conditions on the mountain and what is the best value lift pass to get. There is never a queue otherwise I would not engaged in idle chatter.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had to wait for the person in front of me to be served once. 2 minutes queuing time total. Least by buying in the lift office or at the kassa, I didn't do something daft like leave the post-delivered passes on the kitchen table, or have them not arrive in time, or forget to print out the booking reference email to take to the same lift office and (non-) queue to collect Wink

The only time I've had to queue longer was when 4 of us went in to buy a lift pass each at the same time.

I'd only bother pre-purchasing if there was a discount. And there never has been for any resort I've been to. Or if it's going to be waiting for me at breakfast or on check in to the hotel.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, @johnE, I liked my local office too - and passed the time of day with the regular woman there over 15 years. I also used to come across her doing stuff like re-building the terrace on one of the mountain restaurants in the summer. She spoke no English so I often went to help friends buy passes at quiet times. But the queues on peak Saturday afternoons/Sunday mornings could be grim - really big waste of ski time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy wrote:
Least by buying in the lift office or at the kassa, I didn't do something daft like leave the post-delivered passes on the kitchen table

That's why you have a ski pack list. Lift pass are a line item, right after the telescope and the kitchen tongs to reach the payage machine from the driver's seat - https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140693
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy