Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ultralight socks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in need of some new socks, and having unfortunately landed myself with new boots last season which are a little tighter than ideal I want to get some very low volume socks. In addition to being quite snug, the boots are also very warm, so I'd like a sock that doesn't try to keep my feet any warmer.

FWIW this is for snowboard boots not ski boots.

I'm eyeing up the Burton Ultralight and Stance Backcountry socks.

Anyone have any knowledge of how these compare? Or indeed any other sock recommendations?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Silk socks might be a good option - I don't think they'd need to be very fancy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bought a pair of these in resort with a similar problem but for skiing not boarding, they are v low volume, thinner than most everyday socks and have no padding or insulation. https://www.glideslide.co.uk/16847/products/mico-1640-x-race-ski-sock-azzurro-blue.aspx
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Decathlon sell silk socks super cheap and brilliant I use them and they have lasted very well, wash and dry super quick.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/-id_3328746.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Karrimor compression socks from Sports Direct ( I know..) but wotk for me and have been using in pref to Smartwool and Teko.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like the Icebreaker ones.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smartwool ultralight phd socks - great at regulating foot temps, without any bulk.

I've never had sweaty feet from these even with zipfits Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the tips. Seems like silk socks is the most extreme option so will start there and see how I get on.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Adam123, I had the same dilemma last year, purchased a pair of falke sk5 socks and were perfect, ultra thin but also very warm. Was happy with them so purchased a second pair. They are expensive but with a bit of searching I got them for about £30 each.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy