Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hestra gloves - non-Hestra liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m about to pull the trigger on some Hestra liners (super warm Expedition ones). Anyone tried using liners made by other manufacturers? Interested to hear positive or negative experiences
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many glove models? - and many types of liners?

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/?purpose=skiing&sub-purpose=

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/liners/

Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For example, I have the army leather heli ski gloves. I’m wondering whether they would work well with, say, some fleece gloves with a reinforced palm/fingers. You’d just wear the light ones while touring but put on the shell for downhill or if it’s got cold. The Hestra liners don’t seem to operate well as gloves in their own right
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Arno, if you can bothered with the faff and hav ecold hands, the OH uses Blazewear heated liners.

I'm not sure I see Hestra liners as being superior to any others, intrinsically.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, thanks- have a couple of cold weather things in the works so they may be a good option and much cheaper than the Hestra versions
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Arno, I use generic silk inners with Army Leather gloves for very cold days or where the gloves have got damp from sweat or a fall.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
For example, I have the army leather heli ski gloves. I’m wondering whether they would work well with, say, some fleece gloves with a reinforced palm/fingers. You’d just wear the light ones while touring but put on the shell for downhill or if it’s got cold. The Hestra liners don’t seem to operate well as gloves in their own right

If you have gloves, the expedition liners do not fit it seems - only fit in mittens.

You could look at this if going uphill - if they fit into a 5 finger is a good question - shop test is the best.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went through about 4 pairs of Hestra merino thin inners, bought some pricier Arcteryx ones and been going strong for a couple years...

Couple a thin liner with a fleece mid layer under your mitts and be super warm..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hyst wrote:
Arno wrote:

If you have gloves, the expedition liners do not fit it seems - only fit in mittens.

You could look at this if going uphill - if they fit into a 5 finger is a good question - shop test is the best.

Looks like i forgot the link after driving hole day Embarassed

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/cross-country/39820-bike-ergo-grip-race-cut/100100/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Having always coveted a pair of Hestra army gloves I was disappointed to find the palms/fingers aren’t waterproof so I’ve bought a pair of Sealskinz to go in them.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use all sorts of other gloves inside my Army Leathers. Only issue is the lack of Velcro to stay in - which is no issue at all really.

I like a pair of neoprene smartphone capable thermal gloves inside the Hestra shells: warmer and more useful than the Hestra originals. About £5 from eBay.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy