Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring equipment for 6yo... in Uk or in les gets?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Taking the 6yo skiing in les gets. His first time. Would you hire equipment locally or in les gets? But a helmet before you go? Or out there?

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buy..... not but!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd hire the gear out there, any issues with the kit are going to be far easier to solve + you don't have to carry the gear as far.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buy Helmet (avoids Nits and will fit better). Hire kit in resort. It will be a bit more expensive but you can change it if it doesn't fit or work.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SirCharles, we hired helmets first few times but when we went to Les Deux Alpes the hired ones were so badly dented we bought for the girls after that. We bought Wed’ze ones from Decathlon, thigh Aldi also has decent looking ones at a good price if they fit nicely.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Plenty ski hire shops in Les Gets. Maybe try and book online beforehand or depending where you are staying they may have a deal with local shops.

Ski helmets - try tk maxx usually great prices for branded names -poc, smith etc

Les gets is great been there last 5 years and going back with my son in February. 360 ski school is fab. They taught my kids and are very reasonable. I got kids private lessons which did not cost much more than group lessons with BASS
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're west London, this place in Fulham sells kids helmets for a reasonable price.

https://raijinsports.co.uk

We got our two Bern helmets there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you. Will pre buy helmets here and hire rest of the kit out there. Thanks for the fulham link. Not far from us!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you do head for the shop, rather than on line, do check the opening times as I have found can be a little random/variable.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try Snowell for ski hire... they do kids free
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy