Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer La Rosier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at going out to la Rosiere on Sunday 30th and back on 6th, 2 adults and 2 children with flights in GVA
Transfer prices are looking like £679 which seems awfully expensive
Are there any other more cost effective transfer companies?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't say for sure but I found the same when I was doing the research recently, so would be curious of the answer. You can do shared transfers but they are so dependent on availability I couldn't find any. It basically made me change where I was staying to somewhere that included transfers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are no cheap options unless you have a mate who can pick you up! Having 3 kids (now teenagers) myself, we finally gave up and drove down to the Tarantaise instead. Ultimately we've abandoned the Savoie all together as everything is expensive and shifted to family friendly Austrian skiing.

But to try and help you, I cross checked a number of direct transfer options and they all come in around the same price. The only options that are cheaper (and note, not cheap) are the Alitbus https://www.altibus.com/ but that only gets you as far as Bourg St Maurice for about €380 return. From there you'll then need a separate bus up the mountain. They run from BSM train station every half hour or so. 2nd option is to hire a car at GVA. Depending on how much gear you have your still looking at €500 for the week (plus fuel and tolls). Best of luck.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I presume you’ve tried Findtransfers.com? If so then a hire car almost certainly cheaper, even from the Swiss side (ie with winter tyres)?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could try one of the independent ski companies in La Rosiere, they may have space on one of their transfers. MoreAlps are based in La Rosiere you can find their details on Facebook. Ski Beat and Ski Olympic also have chalets in La Rosiere.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@k1orange, I take it you have already looked at the train from Geneva and the bus from bourg7
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could do car hire quite easily for under 200 euros I'm sure (french side GVA) even taking into account the vignette. perhaps booking so late a bit more I guess, but not much.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE wrote:
@k1orange, I take it you have already looked at the train from Geneva and the bus from bourg7

Train might work but your problem will be getting down in time for your return flight. If your return flight is before 12.00 on the Sunday, you will have to leave the afternoon before and stay at the Airport. If later than 12,00 then the first train is at 06.17. Good prices on Trainline for families depending on age of kids.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
risb98 wrote:
You could do car hire quite easily for under 200 euros I'm sure (french side GVA) even taking into account the vignette. perhaps booking so late a bit more I guess, but not much.

Afraid not. Cheapest on travel supermarket for a family of midgets with no bags was €428 today.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
panaga52 wrote:
risb98 wrote:

Afraid not. Cheapest on travel supermarket for a family of midgets with no bags was €428 today.

Had you looked flights to Grenoble or Lyon , I found car hire much cheaper there.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@k1orange, £679 is a pile of money but it is not expensive for what you are getting: the private use of an 8 seater minibus for 12 hours minimum. So 12 hours wages at about £12 an hour, 400 miles ish of driving costs, tolls, fuel, wear and tear in a harsh environment. Plus all the costs of winterising the bus. Plus depreciation, you have booked a private transfer so most expect a vehicle no more than 4 or 5 seasons old. Add on costs of operating out of GVA, a hostile environment(!) And insurance for 'hire and reward', cost of medical, liability, operators licence etc. The transfer market to the Tarentaise is highly competitive, there are dozens of options which provides a clue to the fact that to do it legitimately is expensive. Sure, the jam on the bread is a return with someone else, but they are few and far between, especially to a minor resort like La Ros. It is what it is I'm afraid.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try MV Transport.......part of Mme Vacances group
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
panaga52 wrote:

try seeing if there is a hire company not in the airport. Can save a chunk by not hiring at the airport
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy