Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maurienne Valley

Poster: A snowHead
In the Maurienne (v close to Orelle) it's absolutely chucking it down at 900m snowHead

It's got me wondering about the epicality of ValTho tomorrow Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oh wow!
Just checked Valloire webcams

http://www.valloire.net/fr/il4-office,hiver_p211-webcams.aspx
http://www.valloire.net/fr/webcam-poingt-ravier-hiver.aspx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
had to look at the webcam again. lovely blue skies
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wonderful here too, just over the Galibier from you, 50cm pow and blue skies! Have fun G Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On the way up from Orelle now snowHead

Exciting! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.

it's quite a long way up...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks great! Can you recommend where to stay in the Maurienne, possibly with a genial bilingual host and ski guide? snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

this sort of genial bilingual host and ski guide?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's the one!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We will miss the Maurienne for the first time in 6 years, but will pass through on the way to Italy and Montgenevre
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Small but useful fall of snow in Valloire yesterday - high winds meant a lot of drifting, but probably about 10cm overall. Hasn't made much difference to the off piste which is fairly bare in a lot of places, but has improved the piste conditions with fewer icy sections
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Off to maurienne valley in march Skullie
Admin, i will look you up Little Angel
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From there? You're very welcome: I'll be in Italy NehNeh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
when the slopes look green, just look up J2ski & pin all your hopes to their licked finger waving around in the air to be correct for once.
https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mr.Egg, But I’ll be here,(except for the OP bash week). Drop by for tea or something. We could even go skiing!
snow report
Small fall last night and this morning in Valloire, maybe 5cm in the village and a little more up top. Stopped around lunctime but just restarted, forecast looking promising snowHead
ski holidays
Disappointing fall compared to the forecasts with only a couple of cms in the village this morning. Heading up Crey du Quart on the Valloire side it was clear it had been very windy overnight with most of what had fallen scoured off the mountain. However, much better conditions on the Valmeinier side of Crey du Quart with 10-20cm of fresh in places.
snow report
A few hours of light snow this afternoon. Was working today so didn’t see how much it added up the mountain, but only 2 or 3 cm in Valloire.
ski holidays
Slightly off topic - looking at the new chalets on L'archez (pierre vacances I think), how far of a walk to the lift station? is the red slope worth skiing in/out?
cant find much info & no maps are up to date. Think they was only finished in the last year. Know anything about them?
snow report
The red past L’Archaz (Edelweiss) has been closed since I got here so haven’t been down that way I’m afraid. Will need a decent dump as cover is pretty thin low down. Doesn’t look too much of a walk to the lifts though.
latest report
Thanks. I read its not a prepared slope anymore
snow report
Hasn’t snowed for several days but it’s been cold so the off piste is still entirely functional. A few crusts etc but quite workable overall. The pic is from Les Karellis this afternoon ( if it ever finishes loading) Very Happy
snow report
@Ed_sec, still waiting....... NehNeh
latest report

Uploading seems to be working again. Maybe it needed a good night’s sleep
ski holidays
@Ed_sec, nice, looking forward to that view Very Happy
ski holidays
@Ed_sec, how high is that?
snow conditions
About 2600 north facing. How is it round your way? ❄️⛷
snow report
No off-piste to speak of.........
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quelques flocons this afternoon, maybe 1-2cm. Seems to have stopped now Sad
snow conditions
C’est pas mieux ici en bas. It’s looked pretty murky out today so was hoping it might snow a bit more. Maybe tomorrow
snow report
Down for one of my regular stints in the Haute Mauriennne and while there isn't a huge depth of snow there is still loads of fun skiing to be found:

Light went a bit flat in the afternoon so we dropped down towards the shrubbery-line...

A (very) light dusting going on this evening, but blue skies forecast for tomorrow and Friday.
ski holidays
Looks like a fun day all the same. Where abouts were you?
snow report
Bonneval...
ski holidays
Thought it might be. Haven't been up there for a while as it's nearly 1 and 1/2 hours up the road from here but I think it may be time to go again.
Andrew (Partridge) said he had a great day with you there last season. Smile
ski holidays
Nice surprise when we got up the mountain today. Minimal overnight snow in Valloire, and looked similar taking the Brive telecabine up. However, above mid station clear that there had been a decent fall. Between 10-20cm, deepest over in Valmeinier. Lightly snowing towards the top as we came down at about 16.30.
latest report
@Ed_sec, yes we had an all-time classic there last year!! Its a big serious place though...
snow conditions
I'd better get a guide then! Very Happy
ski holidays
@Ed_sec, PS that wasn't a sales pitch by the way Happy , but the place does give me the heebie-jeebies sometimes - lots of terrain with 'stuff' underneath it soeven a small slide could be 'consequential' and if you google pente d'andagne avalanches there will be lots to look at!!
ski holidays
I can believe it. I sat on a rock on the other side this summer (Gr 5 I think) and had a good long look at the terrain I could see on either side of the lift area, specially cutting back down the valley and there are certainly a lot of ‘barre rocheuses’ on an imposing scale. And actually I do use guides for day trips from my place but I’d got the impression you focus on weekly packages. If you’re up for taking a group on a Guided OP day up there somewhere, with or without skinning, let me know.
latest report
@Ed_sec, will do.

Yesterday was epic, today was epicer as the last day of steep-focussed coaching for my gang of 4 turned into a powder-fest...

Not quite sure where all the snow came from but it was Japanesely deep!

Looks like more forecast for this weekend/next week, so as long as it doesn't go too crazy and send the instability through the roof.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy