Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Traffic Advice - Sat 22 Dec - Val T to Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the first time in a long time we are driving back to Geneva on a Saturday (22nd December).

The good news is that we don't fly until 20.45, so we plan to get in some extra skiing that day. Very Happy

Can any regular travellers please advise how heavy the traffic is likely to be on Saturday? It seems quiet in the town, and on piste, so I was planning on skiing til 3.00pm (ish) and pulling away at about 3.30/3.45 pm from Val Thorens.

Our usual route is via Annecy but I would be happy to drive back around the other side of the lake, or take the motorway via Chambery, if that would be better.

Do you reckon we will be ok with the proposed timings?

We've also got friends travelling the same route on Saturday- but in the opposite direction. They land at 10am. Are they likely to get stuck in the Christmas dash to the mountains? Puzzled

Any advice would be appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
should be fine heading back to Geneva as all the resorts are very quiet so not much traffic leaving plus most of the bus action will take place in the morning. Geneva maybe be a bit busy but i would think your timings will be fine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would not leave VT later than 2.30. Annecy can be a problem and I allow 3 hours to the airport plus hire car return and security. Look out for the speed cameras.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going round the other side of the lake is nicer - I always go that way - but doesn't really save much Annecy-wise.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Geneva airport deals with more than ski traffic and like most airports is forecast to be very busy just prior to Christmas. My friend who lives near Chambery is planning something like 3 hours to get to the airport instead of the usual 1:30. Saturday is going to be busy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy