Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach/Hinterglemm in January, where in Feb/March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am visiting Saalbach and Hinterglemm early January and have decided to sacrifice my summer holiday for another ski holiday for anytime in February/1st week in March. Where is good to visit once I have Saalbach and Hinterglemm under my belt? Somewhere high I presume? As some might already know I don't do Apres Ski and prefer to spend as much time on the slopes as possible.

Flachau and Schladming maybe? or is it time to jump into Ischgl/StAnton
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NewSki, is Feb or 1st week of March the only other time you can go?
If flexible, any time in March after the 10th would be less crowded and better value.
snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Late Feb / early March is still mid season, so you don't need to go high. Pretty much anywhere should be ok on a normal year.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might want to check out when the Vienna half term week is, that week is particularly busy for many Austrian resorts. Think about what sort of skiing you prefer (which might change after your visit to SH), do you want to cruise around on straight forward carpet or do you like having a few challenges thrown in? Do you enjoy the friendly atmosphere and scenery of the Salzburgerland or would you prefer to go somewhere with more high mountains and a bit of a harder edge to the atmosphere?

The Ski Amade area is great but similar to what you have skied before, nothing wrong with that, if you enjoy it stick with it. Kitzbühel is a bit of a step up in terms of challenging pistes (though plenty of easier stuff too) and a nice town but pretty much the same sort of mountains (over the ridge at the end of the Glemmtal, I guess it must be possible to ski to off piste). There is a fair amount of skiing in the Zillertal, with big mountains (and glacier skiing) at the end of the valley, it is a bit spread out, maybe ideal if you like skiing in different areas during your stay. The Ötztal is similar, the small town of Sölden is not to everyone's taste but does have two glaciers in its skiing area and Obergurgl is the highest parish in Austria. Serfaus/Fiss has an pretty extensive ski area, it is not so well known in the UK and is not the place to go if you want lively apres - it sells itself as a family friendly resort. I really dont like the village of Ischgl, I find it has an unpleasant atmosphere (however lots of satisfied customers would disagree with me) it does have a very good ski area everything from easy blues to steep blacks, good off piste and is an excellent starting point for ski touring. The Arlberg hardly needs an introduction, Lech might be a better location than St Anton (its not cheap though) for someone who is not bothered about the apres and is more inclined to piste skiing. It would be my personal choice but many people find it too busy, too loud, too expensive, too macho, not enough straight forward skiing etc which I perfectly understand. The Montafon is a collection of typical Austrian villages, perhaps not dissimilar to places like Ski Amade and SH, the atmosphere is a little different, they "feel" a bit more Swiss and you are unlikely to find to many other Brits.

Of course lots of other places too. Given decent snow conditions you are likely to have a good time in all of them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val d'Isere.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PeakyB wrote:
@NewSki, is Feb or 1st week of March the only other time you can go?
If flexible, any time in March after the 10th would be less crowded and better value.
snowHead

yes they are the only dates that I can do
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Both Flachau and Schladming are a good option. Along with Saalbach they’re our preferred destinations.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Dolomites are definitely worth experiencing if you’ve never been too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
id go back to saalbach , its a different experience that early march skiing, longer days more time
outdoor lunches in the sun and the last few years have certainly been excellent conditions
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy