Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This year I will be forgetting....

Poster: A snowHead
Not forgetting as such but i flew to Vail to surprise my gf one Xmas and on arrival discovered she was in VD'I to surprise me. That went well then.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@holidayloverxx, yep.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
orange wrote:
Not forgetting as such but i flew to Vail to surprise my gf one Xmas and on arrival discovered she was in VD'I to surprise me. That went well then.....

Literally lol at that Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@orange, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@orange, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells wrote:
@t4tomo, we have a missing pair of gloves too. I suspect they will be tucked inside the helmet of the person they belong to.

holidayloverxx wrote:
@Hells Bells, that's where gloves live!

During the season, yes.

They get washed and put into the bag of ski gear for the off season.

I’ve LOST many a things during the season. But rarely FORGOT them at home. (though when I did forget anything, I just buy new ones, which I typically new a spare anyway. So it’s not a “memorable” event)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@abc, er...I have never washed a pair of gloves ( Embarassed )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How to ski.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My favourite thing to forget is my camelbak bladder.. I now own 4 of the bally things Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I forgot what it was I was drinking to forget, so I'm carrying on just to be on the safe side...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
t4tomo wrote:
I’m struggling to locate the gloves I bought at the end of last season.....

Found them in the bag with all the socks in, obvious really. I had forgot how nice and soft and warm they appear to be. Can’t wait to get them piste tested.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On the way to the family bash my husband left his new ski jacket at the hotel we stopped at north of Lyon. I was driving when we left the hotel and left my phone in the boot. When we arrived in Val Thorens I saw I had missed calls from the hotel owner who had found the jacket only minutes after we’d left. We bought a new jacket and picked up the other one on the way home.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx wrote:
@abc, er...I have never washed a pair of gloves ( Embarassed )

My hands sweat a lot. If I don't wash it by the end of the season, it would start to smell...

(in fact on the one season I skied A LOT of days, it was smelling rather badly towards the end)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Back to forgetting...but slightly different take...forgetting to do things rather than forgetting objets....

Had a rubbish morning in deep clag - zero viz - flapping a bit in moguls, bit untidy in short turns, careless on ice. Decided to have a coffee.

It was then that I noticed that the power straps on my boots were effectively undone, and only the top buckles of my boots were done up, and loosely at that....twit....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmmm....another thing....a winter hardly goes by in CH without leaving Nax or Anzere and about 500m from the car park seeing a glove in the road....and then 100m on, another one. That’s why I don’t put my own gloves on the roof of our car when I am changing out of gear.
snow report
So this morning I get ready for my first day’s skiing of the winter season (we went in Oct but that doesn’t count). I remembered everything until I got down to the ski room...

I put my boots on and immediately thought, “Wow, there’s a lot of room in my boots.”

Yes, my foot beds are still drying in the airing cupboard at home. I tried one run without and gave up and headed to a ski shop to get some off the shelf ones.
ski holidays
@hammerite, oops
ski holidays
My spouse - and will be having a great time at apres, and won’t have to stick to reds and blues! Wait ... that was my X-mas wish snowHead Toofy Grin Skullie
latest report
So we just arrived to La Plagne and I have realized that I forgot to get protective screen for my phone. I used to have a thin glass type protector on it, but it got ruined so removed it and brought a new one but forgot to attach it and left it at home.. question is will I definitely smash my phone if I take it skiing? Will need it as kids will be at ski school so need to be reachable in case of any issue Puzzled
latest report
@Bella2015, only if you throw it at a rock Puzzled

Seriously, mine doesn’t even have a case.
snow report
@Scarlet, ok hopefully you are right ( or just lucky)... Will ski with my unprotected phone and see what happens;)
snow conditions
@Bella2015, put it in a sock to protect the screen from scratches.
snow report
@holidayloverxx, surely your foot wouldn’t fit in your boot if you put your phone in one sock?....
snow report
@valais2, good point, well made Laughing
ski holidays
Happy to report that my phone survived the first day of skiing unscrachted ... @holidayloverxx, I did have the same idea, so put it in a sock ( and in my jacket pocket)...sure enough got the dreaded phone call from the ski school - my youngest refused to ski ( but after some crying in the morning , he did decide to go in the afternoon and had a good time, so will see)
latest report
First turn after lunch one day last week (no alcohol) and absolutely zero control - fell over immediately, to discover that my ski boots were still in walk not ski mode ...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy