Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Music Events 'Downgrading' Ski Resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Now this may only apply to those who don't like this sort of thing, but what do you think about it? Swarms of young people visiting a Resort. Drinking, Rowdiness and loud behavior etc..

In my opinion Ski villages should be used for what they are named for SKIING!! Toofy Grin

So does it 'Downgrade' Ski Resorts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NewSki, I think big music events are usually scheduled low season aren’t they, like Mayrhofen in April?

They are well publicised in advance, so easy to avoid if preferred. Also let’s not pretend ‘drinking, rowdiness and bad behaviour’ doesn’t happen throughout the season anyway. Some resorts more than others.

The problem isn’t music events, it’s people. Same as on pistes, in lift queues and on the roads. IMHO.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"Old people jealous about young people having fun" shocker...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Those events usually occur at the start and end of the season; in St Anton anyway.

Don't see a problem, especially if keeps people away from the lifts.

I am however less enamoured with FIS races. They usually block off multiple pistes, for at least a week. The water-injected ice they leave behind is deadly until it has been thoroughly worked over by the groomers and/or hit with fresh snow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
While we are about it, let's ban those pesky boarders too. Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They seem like a good thing to me. Skiing has to compete with all sorts of other holidays, if it doesn't the industry will continue to decline (skiing numbers slowly but steadily reducing). The better the offer to people who might be considering a skiing holiday they more likely they are to choose a winter sports holiday over another type of holiday. We all benefit from a healthy winter sports industry.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh no, drinking in a ski resort?! I can’t see this kind of thing catching on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NewSki, Think you have your answer Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm hoping Nassfeld will be downgraded by the Full Metal Festival in 2020, really fancy that one... obviously all those black clad metal fans boozing on a mountain will be AWFUL though! Skullie
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ischgl has a ‘no skiboots in the village after 8 Pm” policy since two years.
Says it all.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Langerzug,

That Ischgl policy! Absolutely ridiculous! Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alpe d'Huez has the tomorrerland thing for the first time in March, just after the last french half term week. Be interested to see how that works, lifts are closed for 3 days to everyone unless you buy, a very high priced (to me), tomorrerland ticket. Looks like ski touring for me for 3 days Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bergmeister wrote:
Langerzug,

Why?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had a look at Tomorrowland. A big bet for AdH, but seemingly working out, ie only limited vacancies now available. The broader question will only be answered the following year... what will AdH regulars, who ski there at that time, do? How many of those who elect to go to another resort in 2019 return in 2020?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nope - Acts I've seen in ski resorts include Mixmaster Mike a couple of times (he's a big boarder apparently), Barenaked Ladies, Ceelo Green (sweats quite a bit at altitude), Hell's Belles ( world's foremost all female ACDC tribute), Kool and the Gang, Spearhead, a number of bluegrass and Grateful Dead/ Phish style jam bands, the Beat and Snoop Dogg.
snow report
Garfield wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
Langerzug,

Why?

Basically a mix of drunk people falling and injuring themselves and the noise of people clumping home late at night.

It doesn't effect 99% of people though, as you're still fine to apres in ski gear and most people go back to their hotel/to change before heading to a restaurant when apres ends at 7/7:30. It's a very certain kind of person who's still in ski gear 4hrs after the mountain has closed for the day.
snow conditions
@Mjit, still Ischgl felt the need for this policy. Sounds like it was effecting too many people...
ski holidays
Zürs was joining in as well last april; DJ Tiësto...
Business must be very poor in Zürs. Sounds like 'panic-football'
Pathetic!
ski holidays
I don't see it as a bad thing, a few friends went to ski/music thing purely for the music..... They found out the also liked skiing.
For me it would have to be a big headliner to tempt me.
snow report
Not that you see too many businesses struggling in ski resorts, but it’s a good thing. The ski season is limited to a few months a year. Some of those weeks might be pretty quiet anyway, so it’s a way of making sure those businesses are able to extend their season a little or have one or two busier spells.
snow conditions
hammerite wrote:
Not that you see too many businesses struggling in ski resorts, but it’s a good thing. The ski season is limited to a few months a year. Some of those weeks might be pretty quiet anyway, so it’s a way of making sure those businesses are able to extend their season a little or have one or two busier spells.

ski stations are full of struggling businesses.

With a good lineup I'm sure it can bring good high value guests. Otherwise, it's a guests who don't want to pay full price and who can be highly disruptive to the more lucrative low season business which is the grey-franc Happy

If you wanted to make money and get repeat business then you'd be better off running a jazz festival without any doubt. Getting Grindah from Korrupt FM to play a set to Kevin and Perry isn't good business.
ski holidays
@ise, they possibly are, but where we’ve been the last few years the businesses seem to do a good job of hiding it if they are struggling.
latest report
@ise, The tomorrowland thing in Alpe d'Huez is expensive, by my standards anyway Laughing Also you cannot buy a ticket without accomodation and you can only buy through tomorrowland.
ski holidays
825€ I think? Accommodation, lift pass and festival for 7 days. Sounds reasonable. One of the bigger events in a resort with the infrastructure to deal with it.
latest report
ise wrote:
825€ I think? Accommodation, lift pass and festival for 7 days. Sounds reasonable. One of the bigger events in a resort with the infrastructure to deal with it.

Yes I think that's about the starting price. Be interesting to see how it goes.
latest report
just had a quick look at tomrrowland line up......then had to google "what is tomorrowland" Puzzled . I might consider altitude festival.
ski holidays
It just adds another layer. If it isn’t your cup of tea, don’t go to that resort in that week. Don’t be surprised if the locals get a bit carried away, mountain villages aren’t all that urban.
latest report
Langerzug wrote:
@Mjit, still Ischgl felt the need for this policy. Sounds like it was effecting too many people...

Or Ischgl's basically owned by one extended familly and one of them wanted up 'up-class' one of their hotels next to one of the bars that parties through.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My son is currently in Les Deux Alpes attending the 'Rise Festival'. He says if they weren't there, then the resort would be more less empty, so for me its a good thing, keeps people in work.
ski holidays
Simon94 wrote:
My son is currently in Les Deux Alpes attending the 'Rise Festival'. He says if they weren't there, then the resort would be more less empty, so for me its a good thing, keeps people in work.

European resorts have obviously got some consultants in... who have told the owners that they need to attract more vacationers in the quiet weeks of November, December, March and April... and they've all been to the same industry conferences in Germany... and most major resorts have concluded that what they need is lots of big concerts and festivals that draw in tens of thousands of young folks (future skiers) and old folks (current rich skiers) and get lots of press coverage and lots of social media and lots of Hollywood halos...

It has worked for some resort pioneers, like Ischgl... while others are desperately trying to catchup, like L2A (whose glacier is melting and depriving vital summer revenues).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy