Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sidas boot dryers / warmers

Poster: A snowHead
Fellow snowHeads, anyone have any view to give on Sidas boot dryers / warmers pls? Am looking at two models: V2.0 & Pro USB 18/19. Wondering what the practical and/or effective differences might be. Do either or both blow warm air, or do they just warm up??
spyderjon, well known on this forum and whose views are well respected I know, has previously suggested to me the Lenz Space Warmer 1.0, so I may well get those as he unquestionably knows what he’s talking about. Even so, experience has taught me to be careful and thorough in all things, and that extensive research and shopping around are invariably worthwhile! Thus just looking at some other options; think I’ve narrowed it down to the Lenz and the Sidas… So anything to say on those pls? Thanks in anticipation.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am waying up the options and have narrowed it down to exactly the same models. Sidas as it's a brand a recognise and jons lenz as I trust in Jon's advice.
I think I am swaying slightly towards the USB version as add in a portable battery then I have a portable boot warmer, handy for skiing day trips in Scotland... I could be turning up in glenshee with nice warm boots
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WASHOUT wrote:
.....I could be turning up in glenshee with nice warm boots

https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/lenz-boot-glove-warmers/lenz-boot-glove-warmer-12v-detail.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WASHOUT wrote:
I am waying up the options and have narrowed it down to exactly the same models. Sidas as it's a brand a recognise and jons lenz as I trust in Jon's advice.
I think I am swaying slightly towards the USB version as add in a portable battery then I have a portable boot warmer, handy for skiing day trips in Scotland... I could be turning up in glenshee with nice warm boots

Interesting that you've narrowed it down to the same two options WASHOUT. As spyderjon has just posted, the Lenz thing does come in two models, one for mains electricity and a 12 volt option for use in cars. The USB Sidas option is however surely more flexible (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong), as many vehicles now have USB ports, and it can run from the mains or a power pack (erm, am I getting this right?!!).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AG
I finally decided on the USB version. I liked the idea of adding a small power pack for portability in a rucksack etc plus easier for traveling (European plug adaptor in north America). Best price I could find was just under £17 del...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
WASHOUT wrote:
@AG
I finally decided on the USB version. I liked the idea of adding a small power pack for portability in a rucksack etc plus easier for traveling (European plug adaptor in north America). Best price I could find was just under £17 del...

Thanks for the update WASHOUT, think I'll be going for the USB option too - obviously not got anything yet but will be very soon.
Have a good season, cheers, AG
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AG wrote:
WASHOUT wrote:
@AG

Thanks for the update WASHOUT, think I'll be going for the USB option too - obviously not got anything yet but will be very soon.
Have a good season, cheers, AG

WASHOUT, was it the Sidas Pro USB 18/19 you got??
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, sidas pro usb. Freezepro with the 15%discount code boxingday15

Hopefully will be a good season. I am planning a few very cheap trips so prob no boot heating facilities so hopefully this will come in handy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry actually sidas neo usb. No uv light. Tbh never noticed the difference until you asked what model. Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
WASHOUT wrote:
Sorry actually sidas neo usb. No uv light. Tbh never noticed the difference until you asked what model. Embarassed

Hi again WASHOUT, sorry, more questions, since you actually have these things now! Do they fit right down inside the boot, so that they sit on the foot-bed? They look a little bulky ('tall' with the feet on them), and a slightly odd shape for that... I've seen a pic of them on the web simply placed in the top of boots, pointing down into the boot... And I take it that they just warm up, don't blow warm air, right? (That's my understanding..). Many thanks! AG
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AG wrote:
WASHOUT wrote:

Hi again WASHOUT, sorry, more questions, since you actually have these things now! Do they fit right down inside the boot, so that they sit on the foot-bed? They look a little bulky ('tall' with the feet on them), and a slightly odd shape for that... I've seen a pic of them on the web simply placed in the top of boots, pointing down into the boot... And I take it that they just warm up, don't blow warm air, right? (That's my understanding..). Many thanks! AG

The pic I refer too is on the Sidas site...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hang over a heater.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just ordered yesterday. Hopefully get tomorrow.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heaters/radiators I have came across in ski hotel rooms tend to run to hot and I hate a warm bedroom..... I usually switch of radiators. I am also worried about a 80 degree surface temp on my boots...

I could faff take the boot apart, sit parts on rad and monitor the temp but to be honest I would rather be in bar.....

Also I think it would be nice to arrive at slopes in Scotland with slightly heated boots.....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks WASHOUT, once you've received these things and checked 'em out, I'd be grateful for answers to my previous questions, many thanks, AG
latest report
@AG
Really impressed with them. They are pretty small and fit down to the toes but you rely on pulling them out on by the cables so prob just sit them start of the sole. They don't have enough power to just switch them on at breakfast time and half hour later your boots are toasty.
I bought the cheap version so no UV light or timer but I don't think this a major. Haven't tried them off a battery pack yet.
latest report
WASHOUT wrote:
@AG
Really impressed with them. They are pretty small and fit down to the toes but you rely on pulling them out on by the cables so prob just sit them start of the sole. They don't have enough power to just switch them on at breakfast time and half hour later your boots are toasty.
I bought the cheap version so no UV light or timer but I don't think this a major. Haven't tried them off a battery pack yet.

Oh great, pleased you're happy with them WASHOUT! They don't blow warm air do they, just warm up, right? I too think the UV lights and timers are unimportant. Sounds good, think I'll go for same, thanks for the update!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy