Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Attaching Bindings, Look Pivot 14 - Nordica Enforcer 100

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello SnowHeads,
I have recently bought Nordica Enforcer 100 skis and Look Pivot 14’s bindings. I plan to fit them myself. I expect there to be opposition to this idea but I live in the UK where I feel it is harder to find someone who will do a good job. I have a couple of questions regarding this as the Look Pivot’s seem a trickier task to fit compared to say, Marker Griffons. I am open to all feedback, positive and negative. My main intention is to shed light on a “taboo” subject.

Questions:
1. Will a 95mm Look Pivot fit 100mm waist/is it worth manipulating a Look Pivot to fit with its reputation of cracking.

2. I am confident in fitting bindings, are the Look Pivots different? Do they require a higher level of precision?

3. I have binding templates but any other links would be helpful plus any videos guides on how to fit

Thankyou in advance. All info welcome
Brownbear
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. In all likelihood no. No. That's cutting it close at best and at a minimum, you'd have to bend the stays, not a sound idea.

2., 3., 4., 5.................... Go to an authorized Look shop that has the correlating jig, in equal breath the larger brake in their parts bank (or can order same) as brakes ARE interchangeable and get it done right. It only takes ten minutes to mount when everything fits right and comes out precisely as it must. The days of mounting ANY binding without the critically imperative jig ended OVER forty-five/fifty years ago!

Look TT's are the best binding out there, but they leave no room whatsoever for ANY misspacing/misalignment. For example.... Just on alignment alone, a seemingly "innocent" 1 degree offset/misalignment at the toe (or heel) so fouls things up when that 1 degree is extended out. Let that marinate.................

Go. To. An. Authorized. Shop. Period.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The days of mounting ANY binding without the critically imperative jig ended OVER forty-five/fifty years ago!

Nonsense. My chums and I were fitting our own bindings quite happily until I was about 23 and that's less than 30 years ago. Dead easy.

That said, if there's a shop with a jig nearby and they take the responsibility (these things can be screwed up) why take the risk?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I love skiing my Pivots but I hate that they only have 4mm of sole length adjustment. for £50 or so at The Piste Office why wouldn't you get a pro to do it - if you want to make some economies but some ski servicing kit, which if you are like me will languish in a cupboard somewhere as well...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve mounted a pair with a template found on tgr fairly straightforward. As for bending the brakes it was a nightmare, had some old bindings and broke some bits whilst dismantling the brake from the heel unit. Yes, having a jig is good, having a jog with someone who knows how it works is even better, but ££’s doesn’t always = expertise. And I live in the mountains so they should know better.

Little point to bear in mind, I was mounting old bindings on an old pair of skis, if it hadn’t worked I always have a couple of pairs of skis in the boot so no big deal, if you are going to fly to a ski resort it may not be worth the risk.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you guys. I appreciate the inputs.

I agree that your knees are the main priority. Not by saving some cash.

My brother is driving out to Austria in January so I may have him take the skis out there and have them fitted.

My main issue is the competency of fitters.

Cheers guys
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have mounted the 95mm brake on 98mm waist skis no problem. So should fit nicely on 100mm waist with just a gentle tickle of the brakes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Brownbear1666, if you have both the ski and bindings, can’t you see if the brake fit or rub?

If you didn’t know, you can buy the proper drill bits etc from Jon at ThePisteOffice. Or, of course, he can expertly fit them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy