Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tzouma

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know this small village which has a link into Verbier? Is it a nice play to stay? Is it, for instance , a purpose built resort? Any info on the place and the region would be much appreciated! Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ann, I know a little about the resort having been there in the summer and skied over there this winter. In the summer it is 'dead' although there is some local life but nothing like Verbier or Nendaz.

Road access is not the easiest compared to the other 4V resorts or Val d'Anniviers - but is direct from the autoroute.

It links well with Verbier - as 4 Vallees links seem to go - there are very few restaurants/bars for what it's worth - others will undoubtedly add more useful detail/opinion
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eEvans, I may get up there soon: is there parking near the gondola? If so is it free?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the ice perv, Yes parking is available very close to the uplift ,,, and it was free .. in the summer , can't recall any pay machines either ..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ann,
I thought some Verbier regular may reply, but it seems not so I will supplement eEvans, notes with what little I know.
I visited Verbierat the beginning of this Feb . We skied to La Tzoumaz several times.

It seemed an attractive enough little place built in traditional style whether modern or not I don't know.
The skiing aabove the resort was of modet size but excellent intermediate skiing standard with opportunities to explore off piste, the snow locally to La Tzoumaz was in better condition than much of the rest of the area due to its being north facing (Also meant the village gets a lot of shade). The main Gondola up is rather slow and if you want to ski to Verbier it is an easysouth facing red.

You can return to La Tzoumaz from Verbier on easy runs but the base station is slightly detached from the rest of Verbiers skiing. Alternativley there is a a lovely descent with several variations from the centre of Verbiers skiing down the Vallon d'Arbi this is an off piste ski route and of about black run difficulty though snow conditions presumably are variable.

There is also I believe a ski bus that can get you into the 4 valley system elsewhere but I know nothing about it other than having read that it exists, hope this is helpful. snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The gondola is being replaced this summer which will improve the effeceincy of the link to Verbier. Go to La Tzoumaz if you feel you'll be content skiing the savolyeres sector of the 4 vallees, I wouldn't recommend it as a good place to stay if you want to ski the Verbier sector regulalrly as you are dependant on the links staying open and there's a lot of travelling required. Nendaz gives you better links if you want to ski Verbier and not stay there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy