Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cool scratch off ski map

Poster: A snowHead
Shameless promotion as I own the company that sells these!!! But longstanding Snowheads forumite and actually I thought people would quite like this! However delete admins if you like.

I'm a pretty keen skiier. We started making these gin, beer, whisky maps that you scratch off. Anyway, I knew we must have a Ski Resort scratch off map. So I'm delighted to say we finally made it!

https://www.mapsinternational.co.uk/scratch-off-alpine-skiing-print.html

I know now I've got some serious work to do on the ski resorts I have visited!

If you want a discount of a fiver per map use SNOWHEADS code at checkout.

Ooh and feedback welcome, although just to say now it was absolutely impossible to get every single resort on the map so we had to make a judgement call in some cases!!

Hope you love it as much as we do!

Liz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
liz09 wrote:
Shameless promotion as I own the company that sells these!!! But longstanding Snowheads forumite and actually I thought people would quite like this! However delete admins if you like.

I'm a pretty keen skiier. We started making these gin, beer, whisky maps that you scratch off. Anyway, I knew we must have a Ski Resort scratch off map. So I'm delighted to say we finally made it!

https://www.mapsinternational.co.uk/scratch-off-alpine-skiing-print.html

I know now I've got some serious work to do on the ski resorts I have visited!

If you want a discount of a fiver per map use SNOWHEADS code at checkout.

Ooh and feedback welcome, although just to say now it was absolutely impossible to get every single resort on the map so we had to make a judgement call in some cases!!

Hope you love it as much as we do!

Liz

Hi Liz

I think they look great. Well done.

I think you’ve posted this in the wrong forum. It might be better, and reach a wider audience, in either ‘the piste’ or in Apres. Contact admin or someone and they will advise.

FZ
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like that. Is there a list of resorts included on the map somewhere?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the feedback foxtrotzulu. Good suggestion about posting in the piste or apres....

tubaski we don’t have a list of the resorts on the website, but maybe we should do that, I will investigate tomorrow, although there are quite a lot of them, but not all. You can zoom in so might be able to spot if one you want is on there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@liz09, Liz, how about a discount code that will work for US buyers?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Seem to be missing the Southern Alps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Code should work for USA addresses Mr mike. Should work anywhere in the world. I’ve just double checked it and it seems to be ok.

Ster Lowest we get is Serre Chevalier / Puy St Vincent I’m afraid. Yes you’re right we are missing isola /Vars etc. Trouble is the more area we needed to cover the less resorts we could fit on. We didn’t want to distort the map and we’d run out of room for more insets. Appreciate that some people might miss some resorts Sad

They are selling well so if we get some more feedback on that we might try again for the next print run.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not those southern alps , the Southern Alps in NZ! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha well there was definitely no room for those!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is awesome - just ordered one, so thank you very much Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Love this! Another Christmas present sorted - thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Code should work for USA addresses Mr mike. Should work anywhere in the world. I’ve just double checked it and it seems to be ok.

code applies, and when I enter my US address, I get an option for free shipping. I don't think it's going to ship for free to the US, so I'm leery of going through the paywall and making payment.

On site on your link, if I click the US flag in the upper right corner, I'm redirected to this website: https://www.mapsinternational.com/

the code doesn't work on this site, and I think I need the code to work there for me to be able to order the product in the states (and have it delivered in the states).

Mike
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@liz09, one for the Nordics please Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mr. mike, I've pm'd you.

@Themasterpiece, on the list Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ps @mr. mike, you can actually order from either site and we will deliver to USA. If you order from the UK site with free delivery you get Royal Mail standard airmail so delivery will take a couple of weeks. If you order via our US website you get your choice of delivery, but USPS retail (actually First Class Package) is about 1-3 days depending on how far you are from Minneapolis where they come out of!

*yes we do have the intention to streamline this in the future as it's confusing!

Up to you, it's slightly cheaper on the UK website if you're willing to wait.

Anyway, you have both codes now.

Cheers
Liz
snow conditions
Hmm. Trying but coupon code rejected at checkout.
latest report
Code didn't work for me either. Still ordered though thanks
latest report
Looks fab . I've tried the code but it's not working?
snow report
The code hasnt worked for a while and OP seems to have disappeared after the initial bout of promotion. Pity as I was thinking about buying one at Xmas.
snow conditions
It was probably for a limited period. First time it worked. Last month it didn't. Still it's a fun thing
ski holidays
Shame it's not Europe. Only coz that would include the Pyrenees and Scandinavia..
snow conditions
drporat wrote:
It was probably for a limited period. First time it worked. Last month it didn't. Still it's a fun thing

Looked like it worked maybe for a week if above comments are correct. Would have been good to know it was for such a limlted time. And odd that the promoter has stopped the dialogue after her first flurry.
ski holidays
Ha ha, I thought you scratched /licked off a whiskey flavoured piste ! Ski around a resort and getting slowly drunk.
ski holidays
Was there ever a full list of the 112 resorts on the map?

Any snowHead brought one?

Really like the look of this but would like to know that the places I've already been can be scratched off.
ski holidays
Yeah I bought one for the wife. Where are you interested in knowing about?
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Yeah I bought one for the wife. Where are you interested in knowing about?

Would just like to know the resorts to be honest? But i'd like to be able to scratch off Chamonix, L2A, Sauze d'oulx, Montegenevre, Pila, and a few others.
snow conditions
OK. Will check for you.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
OK. Will check for you.

Cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was given one of these for Christmas. It's a great idea and the design looks smart. However, there are unfortunately several mistakes with the stats for each resort, and the selection of resorts shown on the map seems a bit random - e.g. several major resorts get missed off, while others with <30km slopes are included.
snow conditions
denfinella wrote:
I was given one of these for Christmas. It's a great idea and the design looks smart. However, there are unfortunately several mistakes with the stats for each resort, and the selection of resorts shown on the map seems a bit random - e.g. several major resorts get missed off, while others with <30km slopes are included.

Thanks for the heads up. This is exactly why I'd like the list of resorts before purchase. Don't see the point unless I can scratch off all, if not the majority, of resorts that I have been to.
latest report
@Roscoe, I can't remember where I put the map but I'll try to find it and let you know about the resorts you mentioned above.
ski holidays
denfinella wrote:
@Roscoe, I can't remember where I put the map but I'll try to find it and let you know about the resorts you mentioned above.

Thanks
ski holidays

This is mine. Hoping to scratch SkiWelt on March 9 if I'll find ski buddies to go with me Madeye-Smiley
snow report

No Pila that I can see, but all the others you mentioned are there
ski holidays
@Roscoe, sounds like you've got your answer Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy