Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez Season Pass - Italian Milky Way

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

Sorry for such a similar post to my last!

We've bought two season passes for Alpe d'Huez after much deliberation, as it includes a lot of extra days at other resorts. I wanted to get clarification from anyone who has had one before on the details.

The website quotes:

Quote:
Season ski passes include 10 days in Les 2 Alpes and three days each in Serre Chevalier, Puy St Vincent, the Italian Milky Way, Montgenèvre and Sestrière.

Then the actual skipass website says:

Quote:
(2) Year package purchased from 03/10/2017:

- The 2 Alps (10 days)
- Serre Chevalier (3 days)
- Puy St Vincent (3 days)
- 3 days in Montgenèvre + 3 days in Sestrière

I haven't visited Montgenevre area before, so I'm unsure of how this would work. Do you think that the 3 days in Sestriere cover the whole Italian milky way area, with the montgenevre days just covering the French bit? I've looked at the sestriere website and the only ski pass covers the italian area with a day in Montgenevre...

Appreciate any insight into the topic as we're booking accommodation and don't want to commit to an area we don't have access to!

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi There,

Having looked at the website it looks like it's the whole Milky Way for 3 days.

Voie Lactée Italiene 3 jours (Montgenevre + Sestriere).
'Italian' Milky Way 3 days (Montgenevre + Sestriere).

https://skipass.alpedhuez.com/Internet/client.aspx?PO=8&LC=FR&PG=1099

Doing the French and Italian sides in 1 day is not really possible.
1 day for Sestriere, Sauze d'Oulx and Sansicario (don't miss Sansicario).
Claviere and Montgenevre another day.
3rd day for the best bits and bits you missed.

Hope that helps,

Gerry
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have received your passes you should have had a small card as well that has little tear off strips for Puy St. Vincent, The Milky Way, Montgenevre and Sestriere. You should be able to work it out from them as you have to exchange a strip for each day pass in those areas. In Serre Chevalier and LDA you just use your ADH pass and the machines will recognise it. I will have a look at mine tonight. That's how it was last year I am sure unless it has changed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here is my coupon, it does not mention Milky Way, just separate resorts. Puy St Vincent is now like Serre Chevalier and LDA with direct access. The squiggle against LDA is a 5 as I bought the discounted early buyer season only pass, with later purchases I think you might get get 10 days. I should give them a ring / email if you are in any doubt, they have always been very helpful when I have had queries.
Just another thing, you cannot use the lifts in ADH during those 4 days of Tomorrerland, (unless you have upgraded to / bought a tomorrerland ticket too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

Thanks for the replies here and sorry for not getting back to you all.

We've just arrived in Claviere for our 4th and final week, shame there's no snow but the sun's good!

Have any of you used the Montgenevre coupons from the season pass? (as shown above!). We're wondering if it's the Mont de la lune area, or strictly just montgenevre. All the websites are super unclear!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've just returned from a week staying in Claviere (3-10 Feb), where we skied 3 days Via Lattea, then 3 days Monty (well, except for 3 days in the middle where my husband hurt his back so we did a lot of walking!) Last year we did something similar, but staying at Monty, it was easy, although the Montgenevre days are strictly that area only. The main Monty lift pass office happily exchanged our 'coupons' each day. We drove to Claviere and did the same, and drove to Serre Chevalier. The Via Lattea passes cover the whole area, including Sauze d'Oulx, and you can ski right over. What you can't do (ridiculously) is ski from Monty to Claviere with either pass, although from Claviere you can take the Col Boeuf lift up towards Monty using either a Monty or Via Lattea pass, but then you get stuck at the bottom of Tremplin (where they wouldn't exchange our passes as I didn't have the booklets above, because we recharged our ADH passes they emailed me the coupons which I printed out and they really didn't like those at all). Monty is always nice, it's very friendly too, but the skiing at Via Lattea was poor this year, lots of the red runs were shut, so those that were open were very busy, chopped up and icy. Someone crashed into me when I was stopped on the side of the piste. The black runs were better as less people. To be honest, we won't bother again next year, we'll probably go to L2Alpes as we've been there before and it's all less complicated.
It's odd that your coupons npower only say Sestriere - I would contact ADH lift pass office for clarification, we buy ours via Oz-Vaujany and they are really helpful so I'm sure ADH would be the same. Cheers,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy