Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It’s snowing!

Poster: A snowHead
Actual proper snow as I came into work this morning. Doubt it will settle but - yay! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we'll get nothing as usual. Not even the beast of the east dared to enter my domain Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow, @NickyJ, not often snow your way, is there? Even less common in my corner of the county.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was rain at home, turned to sleet on way in. It was only snow when I got to site, which is north of Salisbury and quite high and exposed. The tops of the cars actually have a bit of a covering Happy never seen it hit this early before.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My other half's just reported seeing snow on cars on his way to Croydon! Bit early for my annual snow envy to begin, never snows here, what's the point of working at home if I can't take the dogs out in snow all winter? *grumble* Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wow - that escalated a bit quickly - 8:20...bright crisp morning...bit chilly. 8:26...sleet, snow, hailstones, storm. Probably Brexit or global warming caused it. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ElzP, It was snowing pretty heavily last night and there was still a wet white crust on the grass at 9am up Sanderstead Hill. I think it's because I took my boards to be serviced yesterday snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@leggyblonde, this is exactly what I'm talking about, always snow up the hill, but nothing down here in the Eden Valley. It's just sooo unfair!

Enjoy your wet white crust damn it. Mad wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's getting cold - 2.5C at 8:15 today. I'm gonna have to start wearing a coat at some point.... Snow on the Mendips according to the radio too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My brother in law is working in the Cotswolds - just Whatsapped a photo from "Snow on the Wold". Looks very pretty.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow settled in Geneva yesterday morning and forecast in Argentiere (a more useful altitude than Chamonix town) on and off over next couple of weeks... https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/14-days/argenti%C3%A8re_france_3037042 snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Couple of centimetres this morning in Newick - but pouring rain onto the top of it. Don't think it was forecast???
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are one week out from summer and it's snowing in the mountains yet north of Sydney there are bushfires. Weird weather. Give me snow any day. Can't wait for BB15.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cardrona (NZ) is open this weekend. Summer has had a fair bit more snow than winter.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Move this to the snow forecast thread??
ski holidays
Indeed - was there ever a topic more appropriate for "Snow Reports" forum?
ski holidays
Aussie Steve wrote:
We are one week out from summer and it's snowing in the mountains yet north of Sydney there are bushfires. Weird weather. Give me snow any day. Can't wait for BB15.

ha.....Falls Creek! I spent a day skiing there in 2001.

Got the helicopter over from Mt Hotham where I had been for the whole season.
snow report
Our snow was not only shaken from white wash buckets down the sky, it came shawling out of the ground and swam and drifted out of the arms and hands and bodies of the trees; snow grew overnight on the roofs of the houses like a pure and grandfather moss, minutely -ivied the walls and settled on the postman, opening the gate, like a dumb, numb thunder-storm of white, torn Christmas cards.
snow report
@pam w, self medicating again? wink
snow conditions
Dylan Thomas, bach.
ski holidays
@pam w, Very Happy
latest report
pam w, thank you, thank you!
Just found where your wonderful words came from: A Childs Christmas in Wales.
Never read any of his stuff before. This one is beautiful. Thank you.
ski holidays
The lifts in Val d'isere/Tignes have opened this morning and looking at the Val d'isere webcams you can see skiers at the top of the Bellevarde and Borsat lifts.

There's also a shallow covering of snow at village level in Val d'isere.
latest report
[quote="mikeycharlton"]
Aussie Steve wrote:

Spent this last season there. Cold and sunny in July. Not as cold, lotsa’ wind, and Braille skiing in August. T-shirt skiing in September - but the cover stayed until the end.
ski holidays
I'm currently on my way back from Siberia and have had no real Internet for the past week and just checked in to see what the weather is like back in Serre Chevalier and looks like we have a good 10cm in the garden.

Actually looks like a lot more

See it on our cam in the garden

https://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
snow conditions
[quote="ulmerhutte"]
mikeycharlton wrote:
Aussie Steve wrote:

Spent this last season there. Cold and sunny in July. Not as cold, lotsa’ wind, and Braille skiing in August. T-shirt skiing in September - but the cover stayed until the end.

Nice one.

I went to Falls Creek for the day sometime during early/mid September. There was virtually no snow left so we only attempted a couple of runs and then went to the pub.

The trip was worth it though, purely for the helicopter ride over from Hotham.
ski holidays
Quote:

Just found where your wonderful words came from: A Childs Christmas in Wales

Inspired by this thread https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=139843#3307482 which opens with a quote from the same work and is all about snow in the Welsh hills. Pen y Fan is the highest hill in the UK south of Snowdon - I used to walk in the Brecon Beacons with my dad, many years ago. Crouching out of the wind behind a dry stone wall waiting for his Primus to boil the water for tea. A thermos would have been easier, but just not the same.....
snow conditions
@pam w, A fresh brew is always better in the mountains.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy