Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Displaying a Union Jack on your ski helmet

Poster: A snowHead
It’s sad what has become of the world.
Suddenly we’re bad global citizens for showing a bit of patriotism.
Wear the flag.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is a sad world when, at least to some people, it is more acceptable to wear a Levi’s tag on your jeans, or POC on the side of your helmet, (or whatever other brand logo), than anything that suggests patriotism.

It almost suggests that it is not possible to be proud of your country / culture AND accepting of others.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.aftershockdecals.com/distressed-tattered-battle-flag-decals/

Should suit a few nationalities , and sure if you gave them an image they would do others

Good quality , and good service , took less than a week to come
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Often thought about having a silver fern on mine but too scared to upset all the Ozzie tourists by reminding them how c r a p their rugby team is Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dood should wear it.

Too many self-loathing Brits.

Union Jack is a goodlooking flag.

Very popular flag to wear on clothes in China.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
seriously, don't even think about it, I've had crossed hammers on mine for the past 10 years and it was only last Feb that someone finally clicked I wasn't copying Marcel Hirscher's sponsor, no joke Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does show how we feel about our country.
I am proud to be British yet ashamed currently of how we look on the world stage.

I will wear my flag with pride , I have no issue with any other nationality.

I am often in awe of the way Americans proudly fly the stars and stripes from their homes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not much in to flag waving, but I like that design. Looks good. Shame you weren't born in Wales though, having an actual dragon on your flag must be the coolest thing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swap it for a German one & simply barge your way through lift queues.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr.Egg wrote:

Can't say it's Germans that I have had issues with in lift queues
In my experience it's French and groups of Brita

And in my opinion lifties have alot to learn on making queues run efficiently from the Americans
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
harvsurrey wrote:

And in my opinion lifties have alot to learn on making queues run efficiently from the Americans

Do they shoot anyone who doesn't queue or isn't white? snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll avoid the second part as that's not something they have issues with at all.

But believe the first !! Because you JUST don't step out of line or queue jump or god forsake you try and get on a chair without it enough others to hit full capacity !!

They do move queues faster than anywhere I have ever experienced
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
harvsurrey wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

as a snowboarder it can be tough with some skiers who have stupid length skis who are only interested in getting ahead of you & swipe their skis into you & your board.
I dont want my board damaged by them. When they do wee wee me off, I just put my unbinded foot on their ski release.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My kids still all have St Piran (Cornish flag) stickers on their helmets. They're now 22-27yo. Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My local shop gets ski boot buckles in country flags for the racers. Considering a set of NZ ones as I have a couple of buckles that will need replacing soon.
snow conditions
ulmerhutte wrote:
It is a sad world when, at least to some people, it is more acceptable to wear a Levi’s tag on your jeans, or POC on the side of your helmet, (or whatever other brand logo), than anything that suggests patriotism.

It almost suggests that it is not possible to be proud of your country / culture AND accepting of others.

You can blame the nationalist nutters for it though. No-one wants to be confused for one of them, however patriotic one feels.

----------

Keep the flag on your helmet if you like, you're not gonna get any grief at all.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 24-11-18 16:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
harvsurrey wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

as a snowboarder it can be tough with some skiers who have stupid length skis who are only interested in getting ahead of you & swipe their skis into you & your board.
I dont want my board damaged by them. When they do wee wee me off, I just put my unbinded foot on their ski release.

Completely get your point I make an effort not to kick or stand on others skis or boards as my skis are my own.

It's seems to be an annoying and common occurrence in Europe where there seems far less respect.
ski holidays
Aussie Steve wrote:
@harvsurrey,
No need for flags. Become a citizen of the world. Nationalism is on the nose at the moment.

That's one of the beauties of golf; whether you're a brickie or a banker, from East or West, rich North or poor South, hackers have an international sympathy for each other Madeye-Smiley
latest report
martinm wrote:
harvsurrey wrote:

Laughing Laughing

"They were resisting a rest, officer" Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
My kids still all have St Piran (Cornish flag) stickers on their helmets. They're now 22-27yo. Cool

Surrey recently made their own flag...by a bunch of flippin clowns coz it's a flippin joke.
ski holidays
hang11 wrote:
Often thought about having a silver fern on mine but too scared to upset all the Ozzie tourists by reminding them how c r a p their rugby team is Very Happy

Wear the silver fern. Most Aussies accept their rugby side is crap. I know this one does.
Our employment market must be another thing all together though as I meet plenty of Kiwis that come here and get a job. wink
snow conditions
martinm wrote:
harvsurrey wrote:

They’re ski resorts. Everyone is white.
ski holidays
Why not put some snowheads stickers on it?
snow conditions
Flags are curious really. For a long time in the UK the Union Jack was very sadly deeply associated with the extreme racist right wing; the NF and then the BNP. I was so pleased when the 2012 Olympics put paid to that. The flag of St George is still within the symbolism of the EDL / other right wing nutters. So as far as I'm concerned the more peopel who wear / fly a Union Jack or flag of St George the better. Of course St George was Turkish and the EDL / NF / BNP have had their own flag for ages- the Hakenkreuz rotated 45 degrees in a white circle on a red background.
ski holidays
@ed123, I can't wait til they find out about the origins of the Hakenkreuz aka Swastik-a. Laughing
snow conditions
Bodeswell wrote:
seriously, don't even think about it, I've had crossed hammers on mine for the past 10 years and it was only last Feb that someone finally clicked I wasn't copying Marcel Hirscher's sponsor, no joke Very Happy

COYI
snow report
sbooker wrote:

Wear the silver fern. Most Aussies accept their rugby side is crap. I know this one does.
Our employment market must be another thing all together though as I meet plenty of Kiwis that come here and get a job. wink

You need the help Very Happy
snow report
I’ve worn a Union Jack helmet for years...never had any problems.

[img][/img]
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe balance it up with one of these?

https://www.aftershockdecals.com/pin-up-girl-stickers/

Edit: I am going to order one of these... https://www.aftershockdecals.com/products/skiing-evolution-sticker.html
ski holidays
I personally think it looks great. But why is it that almost every other nation on earth can be proud to display their flag but to wear the Union Jack as a British person you have to apologize as if you've made some terrible faux pas!
snow report
FrequentFaller wrote:
I personally think it looks great. But why is it that almost every other nation on earth can be proud to display their flag but to wear the Union Jack as a British person you have to apologize as if you've made some terrible faux pas!

Have you ever had to do this?
latest report
Never had to apologised for being British. Maybe apologised for only being able to speak English once or twice. Blush
snow report
agw wrote:
FrequentFaller wrote:

Yes...
snow report
FrequentFaller wrote:
agw wrote:
FrequentFaller wrote:

Yes...

I'm genuinely interested to hear why you had to apologise for displaying the Union Jack.
snow report
Well, it is seems that the new political paradigm sees pride in your nationality, culture, race (if you are white), etc as a bad thing. It has been labelled as fascism at times in the MSM.
ski holidays
I have a Snowheads sticker on my helmet. I managed to survive the assassination attempts so far...
snow report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
I have a Snowheads sticker on my helmet. I managed to survive the assassination attempts so far...

I'm guessing that you avoid resorts frequented by the SCGB? Toofy Grin
latest report
agw wrote:
FrequentFaller wrote:
agw wrote:
FrequentFaller wrote:

Yes...

I'm genuinely interested to hear why you had to apologise for displaying the Union Jack.

I'm talking metaphoricaly of course. I'm not taking about apologising to everyone foreign national who passes me in the street. What I'm saying is that for most of my life, including having been a soldier in Northern Ireland, that displaying a union jack has always been an invite for somebody to accuse me of being right wing politically and a biggoted nationalist. Having lived predominantly in London and the South east this is probably more likely than in other parts of the country as it's the bastion of liberal elitists who for some reason are ashamed of this country and blame all the ills of the world on us. So as a result I fined myself defending what it means to be British and having a union Jack on display. Which is the same as apologising for being British and being proud of that fact.
snow conditions
Aussie Steve wrote:
@harvsurrey,
No need for flags. Become a citizen of the world. Nationalism is on the nose at the moment.

So why not just call yourself Steve or World Steve Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy