Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc ski guide recommendation.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend an off-piste ski guide for Champoluc. There’s a couple of us going out in early February.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jonesj. We used Filippo Livorno in Monterosa last year for a week.
He was IMHO excellent and dear wife also thought the same, speaks excellent English and a good laugh / nice / Caring / kind of guy.
Some one you think you could be friends with....
NB he is IMFGA so can take you wayyyyy off piste if you want.
I dont want to say exactly how much we paid but they were 50+ euros a day! better than hiring from the guides offices in the area.

http://summitguides.org/en/home_english/
Hes also on Facebook: Filippo Livorno
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PROJECT_MANAGER, thank you, I’ll have a look but sounds great.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PROJECT_MANAGER, do you know if they also do offpiste instruction? Do you know a good ski maestro in Champoluc for off piste?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
to be honest we didnt book any specific instruction as his prices per day were better than some of the per day rates for ski instructors.

Email him and just say you were looking for instruction & guiding (In my experience some guides HATE this, and some relish in it (See NB Below), as on the down weather days he was more than happy to ski the trees in Champoluc (IMHO you dont need a guide for this) and explained ski technique and spent time doing steeps etc.
He actually also didnt want us to have him on the down days saying save the money have me one day next week etc which i thought was very fair.

NB I used to work in the Hotel La Croix Blanche (Cham) and one of the girls in there was dating a famous high altitude climber and IMFGA guide and apparently all he did at night was moan about his clients that needed teaching.
Also steer clear of Icicle Mountaineering who operate from Cham but do courses throughout the alps. Kingsley that runs it has had more than a few warnings from the Mayor of the city
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PROJECT_MANAGER, thanks a lot for the info and the link. I just dropped a line to Filippo and will see what he replies.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy