Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets 2018 2019

Poster: A snowHead
I went to borivets about 18 years ago and the infrastructure was pants. Just wondering what it’s like now? Given cost difference I’m not expecting comparison with say Alps resorts but is it pretty decent these days? Snow looks great - as do the pictures.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was pleasantly surprised this time last year - hence I'm going again next week! There is a slow gondola and a handful of chairlifts and some drags but I found it easy to avoid the busier areas in mid-January. We also had fresh snow, which was lovely.

Timing is everything; pick a quiet week and get lucky with the snow conditions and you'll have a fabulous time which'll cost peanuts. Pick a busy European holiday week and get crappy, crowded, icy pistes and you'll wish you'd spent more and gone to the Alps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah right; that’s us scrwd then. We’ve got teens going through A levels and GCSEs and to miss school for anything other than a hospital admission would be viewed as tantamount to child neglect!! As such we’re stuck with school holidays Sad . Worth considering for the not-too-distant future though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look anyway - the busiest times in Bulgarian resorts are slightly different to the Alpine ones. They get a lot of Greek/Turkish/Romanian/Serbian visitors.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah right thanks honeybunny - good point.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another big dump of snow expected Thursday, I won’t be around until 19th so enjoy the webcams Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HoneyBunny wrote:
Have a look anyway - the busiest times in Bulgarian resorts are slightly different to the Alpine ones. They get a lot of Greek/Turkish/Romanian/Serbian visitors.

You need to look at the lift queue webcam for Bansko
Mid Feb to mid March your looking at an hour+ queue
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr. Egg

Luckily this is not Bansko Smile

There are 3 lifts in Borovets from resort level (new replacement high speed six seater chair is really helping) and I think collectively they give at least double the up-lift capacity (people per hour) of Bansko, but Borovets is a much smaller resort although it does have the day trippers from Sofia etc.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And if you do end up in Bansko, the work around is ordering a taxi from your hotel up the road to the iron bridge (if I recall that correctly) which drops you into the chairlift on the left hand edge of the piste map. It’s quicker than the gondola journey in any event, as it’s not the worlds fastest gondalo and it’s long ride.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops wrote:
@Mr. Egg

Luckily this is not Bansko Smile

There are 3 lifts in Borovets from resort level (new replacement high speed six seater chair is really helping) and I think collectively they give at least double the up-lift capacity (people per hour) of Bansko, but Borovets is a much smaller resort although it does have the day trippers from Sofia etc.

ultimately it suffers from the same issues in peak season. packed pistes full of idiots who aint got clue how to stop.

This is bansko lift queue.. your looking at about a 20min queue once at the door & a further 30mins gondola ride to the ski area.

http://youtube.com/v/7oI9foSeRKY
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr Egg, I am just trying to provide some update of conditions in Borovets, not really interested in whether anyone thinks this place or Bansko or wherever else is good or bad, has long or short lift queues etc , I’ll leave that to others to debate in the trip report section of Snowheads
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rayscoops, Have a great time. I have heard that conditions out there are the best for years. Best wishes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rayscoops, I'll be skiing in Borovets on the 19th!! The conditions are looking good with loads more snow forecast tomorrow. I'm REALLY looking forward to it, those tree-lined runs are just beautiful and so are the views from the top.

Looks a bit murky today but the snow on the trees is pretty.

@Mr.Egg, stop going on about Bansko, it's a different resort. Why post that video in the Borovets snow conditions thread? Yes I found the general standard of skiing a lot lower than I'm used to in Borovets last year, but luckily the idiots don't use the steeper pistes so they are easily avoided.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Frosty the Snowman, cheers fella Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jeez ... when will it stop snowing out here Smile
snow report
Another poor vis day but that's fine since a load more snow's forecast for the rest of today. The nursery slope area looks surprisingly busy today, but I think there are some holidays this week in parts of Europe.

Looks like we'll get a nice top up before we arrive next Friday.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, it was snowing heavily in Sofia this morning, and that means even more at the resort Smile
snow report
Awesome! Can't see much in the way of snow over the next week, let's hope there'll be a decent top up before next weekend.

Another beautiful day on the webcams, and the crowds have gone.
snow conditions
Decent amount of snow forecast for this weekend. Obviously we're a few days off and anything can change, but I'm getting rather excited!!
snow conditions
What's the forecast looking like for this weekend then?

Visibility been okay?
latest report
@seanwatson91, looking like cloud and a bit of snow Saturday and a dump of snow on Sunday
latest report
@seanwatson91, obvs take with a generous pinch of salt, but it's an indication:

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Borovets/6day/mid

I'm debating which goggles to take, I think I might need the Prizm Rose lenses. But I have new goggles which are so cool!
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, get some orange ones Wink

https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Bulgaria/Borovets_snow.html#forecast7
snow report
One day to go!! Still looking good for a bit of snow at the weekend.

Can't wait to get back on skis snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Driving down to the resort tonight .... cold beer in the mountain air and few photos tomorrow Smile
ski holidays
Well that was a disastrous trip, all things considered. On the first day my hire poles got nicked, and I think someone tried to take the skis too but they were locked. Day two my Rab jacket and iphone were stolen in the Red Lion. I picked up some guy's coat by mistake thinking it was mine (not realising mine had been taken).

Then one of my boots broke (power strap has come off), I got a massive scratch right across my lovely new goggles, and the popper broke off my new trousers so they won't do up. My room mate ended up in A&E when we got back as she had a massive asthma attack.

Then when I got home I checked the pockets of the jacket I picked up and it had drugs in it!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

So a rather different experience to last time, I don't think I'll go back.

On a positive note, the skiing was pretty good, if a bit icy in places.
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
Well that was a disastrous trip, all things considered. On the first day my hire poles got nicked, and I think someone tried to take the skis too but they were locked. Day two my Rab jacket and iphone were stolen in the Red Lion. I picked up some guy's coat by mistake thinking it was mine (not realising mine had been taken).

Then one of my boots broke (power strap has come off), I got a massive scratch right across my lovely new goggles, and the popper broke off my new trousers so they won't do up. My room mate ended up in A&E when we got back as she had a massive asthma attack.

Then when I got home I checked the pockets of the jacket I picked up and it had drugs in it!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

So a rather different experience to last time, I don't think I'll go back.

On a positive note, the skiing was pretty good, if a bit icy in places.

Bloody hell what terrible luck you have had, I hope it improves soon. So you came through customs with drugs? Shocked Class A or B?
latest report
Oh they were class As - looked like possibly an ecstasy pill and two MDMA tablets/capsules (I don't really know anything about drugs). I'm not even happy they're in my bin, and the coat's going in the dustbin. Cannot believe I walked through customs with Class A drugs!!! Ending up in prison would have really been the icing on the cake.

Thank you for the kind thought.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HoneyBunny,

sounds like one of those trips.
anything that can go wrong, goes wrong Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
Oh they were class As - looked like possibly an ecstasy pill and two MDMA tablets/capsules (I don't really know anything about drugs). I'm not even happy they're in my bin, and the coat's going in the dustbin. Cannot believe I walked through customs with Class A drugs!!! Ending up in prison would have really been the icing on the cake.

Don't throw them away.

That's the weekend sorted right there Laughing
ski holidays
Lots of snow headed to Bulgaria in the next week or so.
latest report
Yeah I saw, shame we missed it.

Whitegold wrote:

Don't throw them away.

That's the weekend sorted right there Laughing

I don't even think the stupidest person who likes drugs would take some random tablets they found in a coat from a bar in Borovets!! They could have been anything.
latest report
HoneyBunny wrote:

Wow that's awful and terrifying, I am sorry for what you went through.
ski holidays
Absolutely dumping down Smile
latest report
@HoneyBunny, so you smuggled class A drugs into UK after stealing someone’s coat ? Wink
snow report
Quote:

@HoneyBunny, so you smuggled class A drugs into UK after stealing someone’s coat ?

Hardcore. It sounds like a plotline from 'The Hangover'.

Great story, though I'm glad the only downside was the loss of a Rab jacket and not a conviction!
snow conditions
rayscoops wrote:
@HoneyBunny, so you smuggled class A drugs into UK after stealing someone’s coat ? Wink

I suppose you could put it like that!

The difference is I didn't intentionally steal it in the first place, I would rather have had my own coat and my phone. The bar was dark and it was really similar. I had to wear it back to the hotel or I would have frozen, then I just shoved it in my case when I left without thinking.
ski holidays
My mate is still in hospital, she's got pneumonia and Bulgarian Flu! There's a big flu epidemic in Bulgaria at the moment, so if anyone is going there be very careful. No wonder half of us got ill.
snow report
Knee deep unpisted powder down the black to resort level .... lush Smile
snow conditions
Any recommendations for ski hire and lessons? My daughter is taking a group of friends, a couple who haven't skied before, for a few days. We have used Hunters before but they were looking at cheaper places. Ski Traventuria is close to the chalet, anyone used them before?
Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy