Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kai Jones

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/FP6AN1hQ6B4
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He's going to have a very interesting life.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So how do you get a movie part when your dad runs TGR (presumably)?

Gonna have to show it to my nieces so they up their game.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, good find - thanks for sharing snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant. Amazing young talent. I love the way they set the scene of how he is too young legally to do some things, then show the amazing stuff he is capable of doing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have I mentioned before that I hate kids?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocked A MAZE ING🤪
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Awdbugga, reminds me of this:

http://youtube.com/v/qJsmKQBx0eo
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@flangesax, that’s scarey. It’s crazy. You have to be 21 to drink in America, yet you can join the army at 17. Makes you seriously question the logic.

Let’s leave it at that. Don’t want to divert the thread from focusing on the amazing talent of a young skier, to how nuts some American laws appear to us.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’m really encouraged. If the kid can achieve that level of skiing after 11 years, then in theory, I could be that good when I’m 74. Toofy Grin . What? What are you laughing at? Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Awdbugga, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The new Candide? This kid is awesome!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Awdbugga, Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wonderful parenting
ski holidays
Seriously impressive skiing. Does question how the parents could allow him to do some of those stunts. Will he become a little jaundiced and try for even more adrenaline soaked skiing if his skiing is so fantastic at such a young age.
latest report
wow... Boy has skills. Fab to see that with the level of opportunity afforded to him, how someone so young can achieve so much.
snow report
snow conditions
I'd like to say something smart but I'm lost for words.

That boys skiing is just stunning. Shocked
latest report
geepee wrote:

I don’t know why you’re all laughing. I’ve done somersaults and then gone down the hill backwards in the Chillfactore. Which proves it’s physically possible. All I need to do is tweak my technique so I do it when I actually want to. wink
ski holidays
Wow!

I love the comment “how far I can push it without scaring my mum”.

I wonder what his mum thinks of what he has done in that video?
latest report
If you're good enough, you're old enough!

That's definitely the age to start learning cliff drops etc, no fear. It's hard to achieve that even when you start at 8 like me if you only go one week a year! Laughing
ski holidays
I've been following him for a couple of years on Instagram and whilst it's very impressive, I do wonder if he's too young to be doing some of the bigger cliff drops. Where does he progress to? he can't keep going bigger and bigger for very long.
latest report
doddsie wrote:
I've been following him for a couple of years on Instagram and whilst it's very impressive, I do wonder if he's too young to be doing some of the bigger cliff drops. Where does he progress to? he can't keep going bigger and bigger for very long.

Can always improve technique, start adding tricks in to it etc. Not sure you can say he's too young just because it won't leave him room to keep going bigger as he gets older!
snow conditions
No need for options at school or careers advice...that's him sorted Very Happy

He probably won't know it but he could drop out of school now - and just ski the rest of his life!! Laughing
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
Wow!

I love the comment “how far I can push it without scaring my mum”.

I wonder what his mum thinks of what he has done in that video?

Shocked +1 Shocked WOW!

You beat me to it: his best statement for me was also “How far can I push it and not make my mum scared”...

I wonder how I would cope with a son like that? Shocked snowHead
snow report
@aewynia, I know... my eldest is 12, youngest is 9. If either of them were doing that I am sure I would be an absolute state of panic!
snow report
@spyderjon, Awesome, he's a lucky and very talented lad. Good for him, stay safe little fella...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reminds me a bit of me at his age

I got refused entrance to an AA film.
ski holidays
@T Bar, Laughing
snow report
aewynia wrote:

Well his dad and uncle kinda spend their lives hanging out of helis with cameras and basically Kai will have grown up with pro skiers around and mentoring him. So the risk mitigation and terrain micro knowledge will be well ahead of what anyone just setting out to stomp some big lines will have. That's no diss on his skills, confidence and raw talent but it is a far cry from a Brit once a year family holiday.
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
aewynia wrote:

Well his dad and uncle kinda spend their lives hanging out of helis with cameras and basically Kai will have grown up with pro skiers around and mentoring him. So the risk mitigation and terrain micro knowledge will be well ahead of what anyone just setting out to stomp some big lines will have. That's no diss on his skills, confidence and raw talent but it is a far cry from a Brit once a year family holiday.

I see what you mean... Shocked

https://www.rei.com/blog/snowsports/kai-jones-the-12-year-old-son-of-teton-gravity-research-founder-todd-jones-to-star-in-2018-film-far-out

Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
Am I imagining it or is he skiing completely differently to an adult? Weight further back, skis father apart, etc. Is that an illusion because he's smaller and lighter?

And obviously much better.
ski holidays
I wonder if he is truly a one off (seems very likely)....or are are there other kids of similar talent?
snow report
motdoc wrote:
Am I imagining it or is he skiing completely differently to an adult? Weight further back, skis father apart, etc. Is that an illusion because he's smaller and lighter?

And obviously much better.

I certainly think his weight will make him different to an adult, not better or worse, just different kinetics.
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
I wonder if he is truly a one off (seems very likely)....or are are there other kids of similar talent?

Nah plenty if kids growing up in skiing families in ski areas won't be far off. I bet @bobinCH's kids won't be far off at a similar age.
snow report
Yeah but can he negotiate a final account with a subcontractor that’s fair and beneficial for both parties? I very much doubt it.
latest report
It was great to watch .. Such a light and playful style ... so natural.
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Yeah but can he negotiate a final account that totally screws the subcontractor in favour of the client who's employing the QS?

FIFY Toofy Grin
latest report
DanishRider wrote:
The new Candide? This kid is awesome!

I was going to say just that!!

Astonishing skills.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy