Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing With Catheter and Urine Bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I suddenly and unexpectedly found myself fitted with catheter and bag last Friday and I am likely to keep it for sometime. With my first 2 weeks of a 17 week season coming up in under 4 weeks, I need to find out how best to ski with this. And I telemark, and I'm sure the lunging will not help matters.
So, far I've worked out that I need tight fitting Y fronts to stop any movement and a bag mounted on the thigh.
I've yet to contact an outfit called Charter who supply all the various bits of kit, but their website shows some sporty bits.
But if anyone has some tips, then all will be gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rather than using a urine bag, attach a tap to the end of the catheter and drain when required. You then do not need the extra bulk and weight of the bag attached to your leg.

Alternatively and preferably, you could ask your medical team to change you to an ISC (intermittent self-catheterisation) regime. This means that you do not need a permanent in-dwelling catheter, but instead pass a single-use catheter when you need to urinate.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@colinstone, I've used ISC, is that an option for you during the day, then a bag overnight?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nigelg, Thanks. Know about the tap but at the moment docs and I want to avoid any back pressure on the kidneys caused by filling up bladder. But tap and long tube down to foot is a possibility!!
ISC - perhaps when everything is fully stabilised back to normal, but I have to keep well hydrated for a blood condition and an ISC every 90 mins or so wouldn't be fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope it goes well. My mate skied fine with a colostomy bag and had no problems for the week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am hospital based and will try and talk to our guys for some advice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy