Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tarentaise Lift pass advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I have had some great advice from this site so far and hoping for a little bit more.

I will be spending the season in Bourg St Maurice at the base of Les Arcs and have already stumped up the money for a Paradiski season pass.

However, I also want to Ski for a couple of days each in some other nearby resorts: Tignes, 3 Valleys, La Rosier and Sainte-Foy Tarentaise. But doing this could get very expensive very quickly.
Are there discounted lift passes available for these resorts if I already hold a season pass to another resort? I think I have seen this somewhere but cannot find anything about it online. If this is even a thing? Do you know how I would purchase these discounted tickets?

I have contacted the Paradiski ticket office about free days skiing in other resorts and these have all been removed since the 15/16 season (Bummer!).

I have also seen that there is something called Ski a la carte, which seems to offer slightly discounted tickets. Does anyone have any experience of using this service and would you recommend it? I am finding it quite hard to get a lot of information from their website. It mentions La Rosier and Sainte-Foy but I cannot see any prices for these resorts. Even with the discounts using Ski a la carte I think the price of additional lift passes would be quite expensive. To me Ski a la carte seems like it is aimed more at holiday makers rather than a poor ski bum.

Hopefully I did not make a mistake buying a Paradiski pass, I am hoping not as I have not been able to see any area pass which would encompass all the resorts above.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I am really hoping there is an affordable way to ski more than one resort in a season.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gear_Junkie,

Unfortunately I think it's bad news, as far as skiing in other French resorts is concerned. We have had 3 Valleys season passes for the past 2 seasons and the passes are not valid in any other French resorts. Nor do they give a discount for anywhere else in France. I imagine the same will apply to your season pass. Sad

The good news, however, is that your season pass (like ours) will give you 6 days free skiing (worth about £800!) in Vail Resorts, Colorado. We used ours there last season and were advised that if we'd turned up to buy a 6 day pass in Colorado we would have been charged about $1000 each on the day! Shocked

We have booked to go to Colorado again next Feb, for more free skiing! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gear_Junkie, Take up ski touring. Always handy for a cheap day out away from your local area.

I have to admit that I'm spoilt in Austria, my season pass covers over 60 resorts.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gear_Junkie, it seems a shame that you cannot use a season pass in any nearby area anymore, I know it used to be a reciprocal arrangement between the 3v and espace killy and (and from memory!!) paradiski.

I certainly went to tignes/val d a few times when I did my seasons in Meribel, and colleagues from other resorts came to us. as much as they are great areas, it was good to have a change from the usual routine, especially mid season.

personally, I cannot see the logic in it, as I would have thought it does not cost much (if any) money in implementing the free days, and it could have generated more income for the local businesses, as we used to make a day of it and have lunch or dinner locally before returning to the 3valleys. Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gear_Junkie, Ski a la Carte charges retrospectively for the days you ski. You are debited from a pre registered account the following month for the days that you have used the card. Several resorts have signed up to it so you can use it to ski in different resorts (I think).

The daily rate appears to be set via the resort. eg. Tignes, from memory, 50 euros a day. So using it for six straight days probably works out more expensive than an area pass bought at the office. But it offers flexibility. Only pay when you ski. Weathers crap... hit the bars. Loyalty bonuses, add friends, cheap Saturdays and I think every 9th ski day cost 1 euro.

All of this of course little use to a ski bum with a season pass wink .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you shop at Super-U check the reverse of your receipt as they have discounts for skipass for St Foy. Not free but means you don't pay full price.

La Rosiere - about Euro 30 for the day so quite cheap already. Can be v windy up there and don't get trapped on the wrong side or it's a montorous taxi ride home!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In the PDS and surrounding resorts Wednesday is often well discounted outside peak weeks - might be the same in the resorts you are interested in.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the help so far, looking like this is going to cost more than I had hoped.....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There used to be a reciprocal agreement but EK got loads of Paradiski visitors and virtually no one with an EK pass went to Paradiski... so they binned it.

If you are staying in BSM, you definitely didn't make a mistake. Driving to EK every day would have been pretty grim.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Super U in Bourg as others have said quite often has offers for other resorts - its a case of keeping an eye out for the offers, the local newspaper has vouchers sometimes as well.

ESF in Montalbert organises trips to other resorts outside of peak weeks, maybe the Les Arcs one does as well...

Ski ala carte does offer some discount and a free day after 9 (?) days use and cheap Saturdays

https://www.skialacarte.fr/FrontOffice/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wonder what the Tarantaise Tour would cost nowadays rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy