Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Peak 78 - What is today's equivalent?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My current everyday skis are Head Peak 78 which date back to 2009 and have provided great enjoyment and performace in 'all-mountain' conditions over the years. Think they were an evolution of the popular Head Monster skis of the early naughties. Mine are now getting old and look quite battered and therefore looking to replace them Very Happy .

Could anyone familiar with these skis advise which of the current Head all-mountain range have evolved retain this skis 'DNA" . Happy with c. 78mm underfoot as have other skis for powder days.

https://www.snow-online.com/ski/head-peak-78-2009.htmlp
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a hard question to answer - as materials and dimensions have changed a fair bit.

I think you need to make the decision as to whether you want to keep similar dimensions, which will put you into a more Piste orientated Ski....or go for an All Mountain Model....which are generally between 88m - 95mm under foot.

Saying that, you might enjoy the Titan.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Old Fartbag, yes I agree this ski is a piste oriented all-mountain which I think suits my natural tendency to ski short turns, moderate sized bump runs and the occasional venture into side off-piste. What I like is the ski is very malleable but at the same time stiff enough to hold long turns and plough through heavy spring snow. I am happy with the dimensions
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the Head Peak were replaced with the Head Rev range (I have the Peak 88 and the Rev 90). Not sure what the Rev range were replaced by, if they have been superseded. It’s a nice ski, I prefer the Rev 90 but I also like the Peak.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had some older Head Monster skis that were a particular favourite of mine for similar reasons that you describe. A nice combination of attributes and really good in hacked up and chopped snow, along with silky smooth ride for a relaxed cruise around.
Reluctantly had to retire them two years ago.

I've gone with Kastle which I'd rate as a better ski than I had.

You could consider an FX85 as nearest in width, just a small step up but close enough to be similar category. I know the FX95 is extremely well regarded on here obviously further up than you want to go so by reasonable extension the 85 may give you what you're looking for.

I was after a wider ski as my Heads were 88 so I'm currently running above your targeted width.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I called Head customer service HQ Austria who were very helpful.

It turns out Head have reintroduced a new Monster for 2018-2019 season. There are 83 and 88 mm models made with wood core and titanium as per the Peak. Will try to demo some as soon as possible.

https://www.head.com/shop/en-GB/monster-83-ti-35.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ozboy, it would surprise me if they felt exactly the same...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, I agree as things have changed a lot in 9 years. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a demo set Chatel and will report back. Also keep to try other brands before I commit as current skis are fine other than looking old and ropey.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy