Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coffin carriage on Flybe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No, I'm not dead yet! Toofy Grin

Does anyone have any experience flying Flybe with a coffin type ski or board bag, ie. not just skis/board?

From my reading of their terms, only a limited number of skis/boards are allowed, and for a coffin bag it's Standby only! I'm tempted by a ££ deal for a 15 Dec flight, bit not so sure about the risk of having my kit not arrive with me! Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Robin Agogo wrote:
From my reading of their terms, only a limited number of skis/boards are allowed, and for a coffin bag it's Standby only! I'm tempted by a ££ deal for a 15 Dec flight, bit not so sure about the risk of having my kit not arrive with me!

Yeah, if your kit doesn't arrive you'll be dead upset.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Robin Agogo, Where you going mate? I know FlyBe have that rule but never heard it enforced. But get checked in early.

Where you off to? Does BA fly there? I know some tricks for flights.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
having a quick look at https://www.flybe.com/baggage/exceptional-baggage
Its only the propeller type plane that has the stand-by only.

The jet's should be fine.
I booked with Flybe (lead pax in a group booking) for this year & booked my coffin type snowboard bag, at no point did anyone taking my money tell me of any limitations.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I booked with Flybe (lead pax in a group booking) for this year & booked my coffin type snowboard bag, at no point did anyone taking my money tell me of any limitations.

Perhaps it depends on which aircraft they're using. I've flown Flybe Southampton/Chambery several times (without skis) and noted that restriction in the terms and conditions. I also met some people at Southampton who were anxiously waiting to see whether their skis would get on the plane (Embraer Bandeirante).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Never had a problem Cardiff to Milan
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I flew with a Dakine low roller with them to Milan. No problem going but check-in at Milan said I could only have skis in the bag. I said that's all that's in there and they said ok.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Robin Agogo, Where you going mate? I know FlyBe have that rule but never heard it enforced. But get checked in early.

Where you off to? Does BA fly there? I know some tricks for flights.

It's Geneva, so I'm pretty sure they do! Very Happy I'm in Birmingham, and I only see BA from London, so I need to factor that in. I got a good deal for the EoSB this year from Heathrow. Any tricks gratefully accepted Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From the flight number, it looks like one of the Embraer Jets, so in that case I think I shall risk it Very Happy

It's December as well, so not quite peak season, but I'll do as advised and check in early Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy