Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Auron/Isola 2000 From Nice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know about the ski bus that runs from Nice to Auron or Isola 2000? The website says it requires prior booking but it won't open the page to do that (classic french technology!). Anyone know how much it is and how it works etc?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
take a helicopter. The road isola is a pain in the winter
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would love to if I had the money, I'm planning on going in January, is the snow that bad then?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@maximo, "bad" = no snow surely.

The question is, "is the snow that good then?"
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From what I see on the lignes d'azur site (https://www.lignesdazur.com/fr/bus-100-neige/1023) the 2017-18 tariff was 6e each way. The info for the coming season doesn't seem to be online yet, so I think you will have to wait to book.

They are pretty quick to clear the road after snowfall, the biggest issue I have getting to or from Isola is with the suicidal drivers. But on the bus you won't have to worry Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It’s been over ten years since I have been to Isola but the bus journey was about 90 mins up and very cheap, about 10 euros.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@maddness, +1. It was very nice to be able to sit with a drink in warm Nice sunshine after skiing that morning.

My parents have a flat in Nice and often go up to Isola for a couple of days skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for the help everyone, out of interest, those who have doing skiing in Isola, what is it like? Is it any good for advanced skiers? Anyone know whether Auron or Isola is better?

Any help is massively appreciated
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I haven't skied in either of these resorts. However I have noticed that Ski Collection have Isola 2000 on their website if you need further info on accommodation or the piste map etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowbus is cheap and reliable (less than €10 if memory serves me correctly), usually catch it from the airport and head up. Definitely worth booking as it can get busy, it might be that the resorts haven't officially opened yet meaning you can't purchase a ticket for the snow bus. Or it just might be slightly French. If you want to hire a car and drive, get the snow chains as conditions can change pretty quick up in the mountains. Transfers to Isola are pretty expensive but make sense if you're a large family or group.

Skiing in Isola? Depends what you want out of your ski holiday really, it's a small resort not chocolate box pretty with zilch apres. Without giving anything away I'm heading back with the family for the nth time as there's still areas I want to explore, especially when the snow is right and if you're prepared to walk a little. It's definitely a small family resort, not one if you want to rack up the piste miles so if that's a criteria better look elsewhere.

Would recommend L'Avalanche for hanging out, coffee's, fresh orange juice and food. As with anywhere, the more effort you put in, smile and be polite, the better the experience will be.

Not skied Auron at all, but Valberg is _very_ pretty and a year round village community.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers snowymum I'll take a look at that.

beenative - thanks for your input, very helpful indeed. I'm quite young and a very competent skiier with two mates who are also good. You seem to know the more challenging depths of the resort. Are the black runs much of a challenge in Isola and is the off piste scene good?

Thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maximo, Blacks are short but sweet in Isola, as it is a small resort everything is compact when compared to the bigger resorts so they tend to over pretty quickly. There's some good tree runs, especially if you're prepared to walk a little at the end of the runs back to the lifts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy