Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids tracker

Poster: A snowHead
There has been a few threads in the past but I think its time to start a new one.

Whats the latest with kids tracker.

I (actually sister and bro in law) need something to keep tabs of their two 5 year old girls on the slopes. Although they can use a smart phone they would probably be on youtube more which is not a good solution. So I am looking for 1st hand experiences.

I came across back2you on a other thread and really like the live function but it says its heavy on the battery?

Any other options ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just stick “personal tracker” into eBay.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@WASHOUT, battery is fine and lasts a couple of days. What is annoying is it comes with a Giffgaff mobile account (pay as you go), and my experience with Giffgaff is that if you fail to use the tracker for 6 months (in the off season) it threatens to cut you off unless you top up or use the device.

Kids sometimes press the emergency button by accident which calls your phone.

But generally it’s great. Simple not very high tech but it works.

Call feature is excellent. We had a day where the wind caused lots to close and kids were stuck on otherside of mountain. We called them and spoke to the instructor. Gave peace of mind.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How did we ever cope before the invention of trackers for 5yr olds in a ski resort?
Were we all just lucky that ours didn't die?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Frosty the Snowman, yes agreed completely over the top.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@WASHOUT, apart from telling clearly where to go, then keeping an eye on him, we carried simple walkie talkies for the rare occasion we couldn’t see each other at the next meeting point.
Useful in low vis especially.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

How did we ever cope before the invention of trackers for 5yr olds in a ski resort?
Were we all just lucky that ours didn't die?

Laughing I was once skiing on my own in Les Gets and came across one of mine having a crafty fag behind a bush.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Though he was about 14, not 5. Little sod.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Regarding visibility in low light, I have a rear bike light on the goggle strap of my lads helmet.

Switch it on in low light or if we are skiing in Finland over Christmas (its always dark)

Pop it on flash mode and I can always see him and so can everyone else!
£6 solution
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It might not be the newest, but i'm quite happy with the weenect.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have twins & also take other children skiing who are older, 9-14 sort of range & am happy for them all to ski by themselves as long as they restrict themselves to a couple of agreed slopes & that they are all responsible for looking after the 9 year old. He's a pretty robust sort of 9 year old & we have walkie-talkies (no phone signal).

I certainly wouldn't/couldn't leave 5 year olds to themselves; the most I might do is wait at the bottom of a small slope whilst they go up & down by themselves if they are feeling confident so I don't see why a tracker would be necessary. I use them on dogs though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Regarding visibility in low light, I have a rear bike light on the goggle strap of my lads helmet.

Switch it on in low light or if we are skiing in Finland over Christmas (its always dark)

Pop it on flash mode and I can always see him and so can everyone else!
£6 solution

Great idea.

We have used walkie talkies as less faff than phones, more reliable battery life it appears in the cold and not reliant on mobile coverage. Also no roaming charges when outside the EU (and who knows where else after Brexit).

Careful about getting on the wrong channel, can get an earful from pisteurs
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They certainly wouldn't be left themselves. But thought it would be handy for the group (esp non skiing grand parents) to find the twins while they are on lessons and after lessons. Could also track where they had been on lessons.

Could also be handy for any apre alien abductions 🤣
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fair enough; that makes sense.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
WASHOUT wrote:
Could also track where they had been on lessons

As oppposed to sitting in the bar with the instructor.
snow report
The reason we got these trackers was 1) after seeing (more than once) kids alone on a slope (always I’m France) where the ESF instructor had too many kids and clearly dropped one off the end of his ski class snake. Kids distraught, instructors nowhere to be seen. 2) getting on a chairlift with one child from a ski school, kids often upset or scared to be on the lift with strange adults. Clearly fine at 9 years old but not at 5 years old.

It meant our kids could call us in these situation.
snow report
have you looked at the iski apps?

https://iski.cc/en/page-apps-iski.html
ski holidays
As long as you’ve got a spare Android phone kicking around (ideally android 7 but 5 and 6 may work) then “google family link” gives you full tracking and almost complete control of your child’s phone at an OS level, for free. That way they won’t be on YouTube or messenger all day unless you give permisssion. When you configure the phone you set their age to under 13 and it gives the option to configure with family link, and you can remotely configure/control their phone from your own.
latest report
ster wrote:
WASHOUT wrote:
Could also track where they had been on lessons

As oppposed to sitting in the bar with the instructor.

I am sure the instructor would love to sit in the bar all afternoon to give us a report after a morning lesson during mid term!
latest report
Canuck wrote:
It might not be the newest, but i'm quite happy with the weenect.

cheers for that. thats a better price.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy