Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April 15th - where to go, when to book???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many questions here but I'm sure someone here has a few answers...

Only France seems to be currently available, but some good half-board deals coming in at the £300 mark on igluski. Now do I book now, and for where? Val Thorens seems fave but are there others? Or as there is just 2 of us do I leave it as late as possible to scoop a bargain?

If an area is getting the late snow does it get booked up quickish?

Wanted Austria but no packages that week or so it seems does the Austrian season and mid-April?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monkfish, there could be a space in Les Arc/Bourg about that time. You'd also shorten the odds for bumping into other snowHeads quite a lot snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Wanted Austria but no packages that week or so it seems does the Austrian season and mid-April?

Most resorts in Austria will have closed by then but the high ones won't - Obergurgl and Obertauern don't close until early May and generally have good snow in April (some friends were skiing knee-deep powder last year in the very last week of the season).

There aren't any package deals but you could pick up a bargain if you book direct with a hotel - the rates are very low by then compared to high season. I did a diy trip to Obertauern at Christmas and am thinking of doing the same for the w/c 15 April so let me know if you want more info.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try here! Very Happy

That's where I'll be until April 19th. Season lasts until the end of April, and currently they have over 3m of snow with lots more on the way Very Happy

Anyone been there in April before?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monkfish, Easter is a VERY big deal for the Austrians... you may find that the resorts that are still open are very busy... go to www.tiscover.at and do some hunting!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AxsMan, 28 deg temp????? Are they on that odd old temp guage thingy????Monkfish, sounds like you should go the BLAM which is that week?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cheers for all the tips, looking like France ...on offer in our price bracket is La Tania, Alpe D'Huez, Meribel, La Plagne or Courcheval. Were advanced beginners/intermediates so looking for plenty of blues and easy reds.

Looked into Austria but no flights there or so it seems, in fact the package deal seems to be king here as I cant find a reasonbaly priced flight anywhere for that week.

So again do I book now or wait a little longer for the best deal? All the resorts listed above are offering catered chalets for 300 to 350, to be honest cant see that being beaten by much but waiting a little longer does give us a chance to weather watch for a few weeks

Oh the stress of booking ski holidays wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Monkfish, With only two of you going and as you seem to be willing to go for a package holiday... absolutely definitely without a shadow of a doubt... leave it as late as you can. Honestly, if you want to fly on a Saturday or Sunday, leave it until the Tuesday/Wednesday before to book.

Check out http://www.markwarner.com/last_minute_holidays/last_minute_skiing as I've heard good things about them from a friend who went (all inclusive jobbie) and they slash their prices at the last minute.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monkfish, if you're looking for cruisy blues and reds why not have a look at La Rosiere, see our ad in snowShops or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com La Rosiere has a terrific snow record, there's usually at least 60cms in the village that week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Monkfish, Seriously, have you considered the BLAM? Lots of good company, cheap accommodation (I imagine - it was last year), and plenty of jolly Snowheads to ski with. Check out the thread on "Snow Events". I think you can do just as well for that price.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy