Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sixt to Samoens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If I were to ski the cascades blue from up in the sky down to Sixt, would I be able to get back via lifts/pistes; or am I on the bus? The piste map is a bit vague... Thanks.

CG
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus - The cascade blue ends at the bus stop. Depending on the time of year, catch the lifts up in Sixt and enjoy the quieter side of the grand Masif.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that Idris.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sixt slopes are usually open until around 10th March, looking at 2018/19 lift map it seems that only beginner/early intermediate button lifts will be available there as the two old chairlifts that serve higher runs have disappeared. The CASCADES run will be open at 10am from Flaine (about 2450m) as long as there is snow down to the end at around 800m altitude (there is snowmaking covering the last few hundred vertical metres). At the end of CASCADES there is a cafe hut, bus-stop (bus to Samoens every 20 minutes commencing at 10.40am) and a button lift that gives access to the local low level slopes/button lifts. Once you have finished your visit to SIXT you can return to SAMOENS via the bus at end of CASCADES or there is another service from Salvagny opposite the “nursery slope side” restaurant.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skier52, that's a shame, I liked the Sixt pistes and lunch at the old hut at the top of the first chair. It was like going back in time 50 years.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I too used to like a quiet beer (or two) and hot-dog up at Tremplin Restaurant on a sunny day but Restaurant closed 2 or 3 years ago and now the chairs seem to have gone, a great shame. So Sixt seems now to be a beginners/v early intermediate resort, unless you want to stay somewhere quiet and bus into Samoens each day. Until they install lift access directly up towards Flaine, which may happen soon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Speaking with friends last night who own a place in Sixt - they confirmed the lifts in the Sixt area had been closed/dismantled in advance of the new lift linking up to the main ski area being built next year. Shame they couldn't co-ordinate the two things and keep the little ski area in Sixt for as long as possible as like @skier52 said, it was a nice quiet little spot for a few hours.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy