Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

14 year old, MP 27.5, advanced skier, adult or junior boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking to buy our 14 year son some new boots, he has passed all ski school levels, weighs around 10.5 stone is 5" 7" and MP 27.5, he is all leg, his inside leg is 33" !!!

should we be looking at junior or adult ski boots, he has had atomic redster 90 until now
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
meant to say, he has a very narrow foot, Clarks D fitting
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All MP 27 boots are going to be adult boots.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From experience with two teenage boys, now is probably not the time to buy a pair of adult ski boots. They won't last him for long.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ipmdfm wrote:
looking to buy our 14 year son some new boots, he has passed all ski school levels, weighs around 10.5 stone is 5" 7" and MP 27.5, he is all leg, his inside leg is 33" !!!

should we be looking at junior or adult ski boots, he has had atomic redster 90 until now

had the same issue as you, the biggest ski junior ski boots are 26.5 but the adult boots are pretty heavy, which is an issue. I bought some Salomon Quest Access 80. (80 flex). FYI my son is argent standard in the ESF fleche and chamois... that is, good skier but not ski club level, he takes 28 mondo point and weight... 50 kg !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Decathlon have some amazing looking soft flex boots for £90. Use em then flip em?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Decathlon have some amazing looking soft flex boots for £90. Use em then flip em?

Thats what I did for our son.

He was much taller at that age though but don't think it makes much difference if your son is all legs, as the taller adult boot would be better.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ipmdfm, plenty of "youth" race boots in 70-110 flex made in 27.5,(youth race boot is an adult ISO Norm sole and a depending on size a slightly lower cuff

be very wary of anything too tall and too stiff as his body isn't developed to use

it yet not the best time of year for finding a race boot as most sell very early in the season or over the summer
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy