Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Optical effects...

Poster: A snowHead
... occasionally see some extraordinary ones in the mountains. These were visible with the naked eye exactly as they appear in the photos - taken 5pm today on the way down from the top of the Aiguille Rouge, Arc 2000 ...

Click on the thumbnail pics to see the full-size photos....

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, Fabulous images.
What run is that?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG,

Who was the chosen one?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, Wonderful shots Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, Stunning ... was 'he' looking for ise at the time and had inserted a 'blank' by mistake?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sundogs?
Nice effect whatever they are.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Sundog bus company drove us from Calgary to Lake Louise last year
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eEvans,
Quote:

PG, Stunning ... was 'he' looking for ise at the time and had inserted a 'blank' by mistake?

Are we certain that he missed, not seen the iseman about today wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 18-08-06 18:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
eEvans, He definitely missed then Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic pictures.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 18-08-06 18:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, I refer to these as "angels" - I wouldn't be at all surprised if this effect was what people thought were gods/supernatural beings a few centuries ago! They are beautiful, although I haven't seen one myself yet this year - fab photos - thanks Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's a whole website of them here

Wierd optical effects and snowflakes are some of my favourite things about ski-ing...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, they wre taken from the top of the Arandelières red, just a few metres down from the Varet gondolas top station.
snow report
ise, cool pic wink
ski holidays
nm

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 27-02-06 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Can't believe you lot have fallen for it again Shocked
PG's , Photos are actually taken from the film Star Trek 4, where 5 members of the "away team" were beamed up from the piste because they didn't have the right gear on.

ise's, 1st shot is from "ET" where the ship comes back to rescue the little fella at the end. His second shot is just a dirty lense.
latest report
eEvans, you mean the code ?

Code:

[url=http://blah.com/blah.html][img]http://blah.com/blah.jpg[/img][/url]

ie, an img tag wrapped in a URL, read more here
snow conditions
eEvans,
Quote:

snowbunny now I AM worried...

I don't know how he does it either Confused
Maybe you are right to be worried, after all, we are assuming that PG, missed wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

His second shot is just a dirty lense

I say, that's a bit strong, fancying acusing ise, of that Laughing
latest report
ise, That's a very useful link, thanks. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually Very Happy
snow conditions
Edit-irrelevant

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 27-02-06 22:25; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Irrelevant

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 27-02-06 22:30; edited 2 times in total
latest report
eEvans, Oh no, I'm lost again Sad
snow report
snowbunny, ise will understand,

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 27-02-06 22:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
eEvans,
Quote:

Sorry trying not to destroy this excellent thread

Too late methinks Sad
ski holidays
eEvans, no idea, I'll try it with my mac in the morning. which browser?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Can't believe you lot have fallen for it again Shocked
PG's , Photos are actually taken from the film Star Trek 4, where 5 members of the "away team" were beamed up from the piste because they didn't have the right gear on.
Very Happy
Close! But no fiction involved here. In fact a Goa'uld mothership is just out of shot, but fortunately Thor of the Asgards was in orbit and just managed to beam up Jaffa Antagon'Ise before the new System Lord Goa'uldsmith was able to take him out.

(Never watched Stargate in my life...)
latest report
PG, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
PG, Wonderful Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Ise... love the shot - just looked a bit... I don't know... blue? I ran it through a photoshop filter... not sure if I like it better that way or not really. I think I prefer your original to be honest now I see them together-ish... a bit more ethereal perhaps... Madeye-Smiley
Before:

After:
snow report
PG, I started watching Stargate a few yrs ago and loved it, but then lost touch. Whatever happened to the dark haired english bird? There was simmering sexuality present between her and the lead fellow.
snow report
You know, we could put some of these in a calendar... wink
ski holidays
carled, I've re-worked versions of the other image actually, and the silhouette is one of a series that'll possibly go in the brochure for those guys.

It's hard to know what's best when you work on any image, the guys knocking out photoshop books pick good sample shots, real ones are hard Very Happy I can spend ages on a shot and wonder if it was as good as the original Very Happy

I've not worked on the other one much, it's a great snap' but not much of a "photograph", but snap's are often more fun.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Claudia Black? She's coming back for series 10... She's Australian though, so I'm not sure if it's her you mean...? The other main lady character is a blonde, from memory?

ski holidays
Yeah, I know what you mean ise. I always struggle with snow/sun pics... sometimes you're lucky and sometimes it's a steaming heap of doggy doo. I like the silhouette one - good balance between the highlight and shadow. Would be a bug to try and play around with the histogram in that one. PG would be the master at the art with his skills, I'd have thought! Mind you, all you mountain-based chaps have an unfair advantage on the sun/snow/sky battlefield!
snow report
carled, oh yes Very Happy
ski holidays
I dunno, she looks a bit mardy* to me... I'd have to show her the short-trunked pink elephant trick to crack a smile, I reckon...

*translators note: "mardy" - leicester expression for "a tad grouchy" also known as "got a right bag on"
latest report
Back to the topic, limited optical effect, but a nice view.... late afternoon yesterday, taken at 3200m Aiguille Rouge Les Arcs, looking north-west.

Click on thumbnail to see full-size photo...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy