Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Chasse

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can’t say i’m usually a fan but boy this one was good!

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You're lucky that in CH, La Chasse is well run.
Where we are in Haute Savoie it is like the Wild West.
The hunters habitually drink whilst out shooting, and sometimes even hunt outside their designated days of Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
It it not helped by our mayor being a complete idiot.
They have invested in making some great trails, and publicising them via the website:
https://stationdetrail.com/fr/stations/col-du-corbier-haut-chablais-46/parcours
And then they allow drunk people to shoot guns in the woods on Saturdays and Sundays, which are the days that most people would want to use the trails.
When this was pointed out to the Mayor he issued a prohibition on Sundays, but so as not to look like an idiot, he said it was because of all the work going on, remodelling the snow canon lake, re-sculpting the piste, and installing a magic carpet conveyor belt lift.
I am not suggesting that the contractors are work-shy, but they barely rock up for their 35 hours Monday-Friday, so the chance of them working on a Sunday is shall we say less then slim.
Naturally enough the local hunters pointed out this was a crock, and so they got dispensation to hunt on Sundays before 10AM, although this is still evolving, and the hunters are not known for being that compliant.
Suffice that say that the first thing shot this year was the mayors foot ( by himself).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BobinCH, love la Chasse. From a restaurant point of view. Dee lish.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BobinCH, Had the best on Sunday at Le Bois Sauvage in Les Masses. Don't know whether you've been there but well worth a trip over from Verbier or ski over in the winter. The chef/owner is amazing, he worked as a chef at the Lodge 'down your way'.

@WindOfChange, You're right, very well run here, it always worries me when you drive through France and they are randomly 'pot shotting' by the motorways!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, Where did you have your meal?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy