Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lessons/Kids Ski School in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm planning on heading to Val Thorens in January with the family from Australia and want to get some lessons for my wife and kids.

When I get them down here The kids generally go in ski school and my wife has morning lessons. I'm struggling with the websites and options - in VT and hoping someone with experience may be able to help?

Do kids generally go in an all day ski school in French resorts? I'm used to dropping off at 9 and picking up at 3, but I cant see anything like this? Also I can only see options for 5 or 6 days - typically we wouldnt have them in for that long as we like to ski with them as well later in the week.

It all seems really inflexible - I'd rather not pay for 2 or 3 days of lessons we won't use. Help appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI @TomE, generally the main ski schools (ESF/prosneige) in V.T. have group options, which are 5/6 days and either morning or afternoon lessons.

we used prosneige in les menuires last season and their morning times were 9:30 until 12/12:30(?) sunday to Friday. they were about 20% more expensive than ESF, but they have maximum amount of about 10 kids in the groups, whereas ESF do not seem to have a max limit.

http://www.prosneige.fr/

you may have to go private for flexibility or just take the kids out of lessons the last couple of days if you want more ski time with them, though as you mention, you are paying for something you are not using!!!

cheers
terry
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we always go with prosneige in VT.

I think 9:00-12:00 works very well. I ski with my OH all morning, then we come back pick our son up, have a nice lunch and ski the rest of the day together. He always comes back full of confidence and wants to show off new things he learned during the lesson.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@TomE, You have to remember the Euro ski model is very much set up around a timetable for the full week. 6 half days is the same tuition time you were contemplating - just might be a bit of a brake on you exploring wider afield. I'm sure there are all day options at least for older kids like a freeride club but they probably only operate in school holidays.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although a number of ski schools with various options you probably will not get 3 full days as a group without paying for 5 days. Unless as Terry mentioned you go private. Private lessons can often be for more than one for a little extra charge.

The ski schools also do lunch clubs so they could do morning lessons then lunch so you are not picking them up until 2pm.

We will be there in March looking at using either using prosneige or oxygene.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
New generation in Val Thorens does 9-1:30 which is a bit longer.

Or Oxygene does a morning session plus optional lunch club plus optional afternoon class too. You’d have to sign up to 5 mornings minimum but I believe the lunch club and afternoon groups can then be added on on a day by day basis. Could be wrong....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies all. Prosneige have come back to me and seem to be a little more flexible than ESF and I'll definately look at Oyxgene and New Generation. The people at ESF have been pretty rude to be honest. They seemed surprised and a bit offended that I wasn't happy with 'only' a 1,300 Euro difference in price for me to get privates for everyone every day!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TomE, just add another to your list, we used Evolution 2 in Avoriaz and they were fantastic, so we'll be using them again when we go to Val Thorens in April. They tend to have smaller classes that ESF and have a good reputation for being friendly and approachable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy