Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats going to be the hot or cool planks for this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll be along next weekend to the October test in Hemell Fridge, and start to salivate over the skis I'll probably be using over the winter.
I confess I can't see myself buying any skis as it cost nearly the price of top class rentals for a week against paying for the ski carriage with Sleazy Jet.
Plus I get the chance to try out the new kit.
Also it will probably have the factory wax on it still when I pick them up on the first day of the Pre Season Bash.
Then again, if I don't like them I can swap them or if we get a fresh fall I can take out something for the deeper snow.

What I always anticipate is "What will be on the racks".

Like most of us I have my favourite brands and styles.
Its a bit like renting a car, you don't know what you've got till they hand you the keys so the Golf you were expecting turns out to be a "similar" Nissan.

The ski rental shops tend to try and hook you in with some advance purchase discounts, but then I wonder am I going to end up with a "Similar" again.

After I've shelled out a of heap time of wonga on a ski holiday I just don't want to feel that its perhaps not as good as it could be by not having the best set of rails I can get by saving a just a few "Alpin Dollar$".

I know I wont be able to come to much of a decision next weekend on what to look for but I'm still going to act eager and try and suck up some knowledge.

Last year on the Pre Season Bash I went to the shop that offered us the best snow heads discount and it was a really good deal, but I found the actual skis I got felt a bit tired and abused, they gave me something else which did not excite me at all so I tried another shop.

OK, it was pretty pricey but they had brand spanking new Head Magnums which was something I wanted to try.
They were so new and pristine that when I went to put them on I noticed that there was a great big sticker on the base still.
The difference was immense ... I don't know if it was because my hang over had subsided or they were just a better ski, but I felt I was really skiing better on them.
(I think a bit of both)
On the last day we had few inches of fresh snow, so I though.. "Time for a change".
Another brand new pair of skis .. Salomon XDR 84. These were great fun in the soft snow and felt very soft and cuddly.

I went to Zell am See in Feb and took out the Head Magnums again, still loved them.

I was hoping to get the same again at the End of Season Bash, but the best they could offer me at The Oxalys was a pair of very dull looking Salomon XMax X12
These were the dark horses that I should have been riding all along, I just loved them after first being disappointed when I saw the dull top sheet.

Sorry, I'm just blabbing on here now.

I'm just wondering what the shopping list should be for this year when I visit the rental shops again this December?

Que Sera, Sera
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DrLawn, it depends what you want to ski, but I didn't find anything better when I went out testing this season's skis with my local shop to Kitzbuhel at the end of last season than the nordica enforcer 100s I already had.

Easily the best ski i have skied and I have been out on ski tests for 3 of the last 4 seasons so have tried quite a few.

Even on piste I prefer them to my head titans, although for true piste performance you need a set of race skis.

They do them in a 90mm width too if you want something thinner.

Unfortunately I have never seen them in a rental shop, but I always like to have my own so I can prep them how I want to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy