Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GRAND MASSIF - OFF PISTE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to the Grand Massif in two weeks time. I am fully aware of the rock-crevasses around the main Flaine bowl is does anybody have any suggestions for off piste areas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morillon between the trees is nice, some good bits around Samoens too. Someone with more off-piste experience will help more than I can though. Someone posted a pic on here showing the off piste areas - but here are the ones I know of. There is a long blue run under the Grand Vans chairlift between Samoens and Flaine. Part way down there is a long steep drag lift (Veret) which takes you up to the choice of a red (un pisted) or black (unpisted bowl) which is really good until it gets really chopped up. Sure someone will give you a better response though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the gers bowl! One long drag, many routes down! Appeared to have suffered some avalanches in that area on my one and only trip, so be careful!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends on what you want.

If you're competent, Gers is a tremendous area. I think that a number of the avalanches are set off my the ski patrol and the drag can often be closed for a long while while the area is secured.

If you're just starting off, the Aujon sector in Flaine is good for gentle runs to get your confidence (to the right as you look up the mountain).

Can't emphasise the danger of holes enough though....imho a guide is a good investment (search for previous posts)

d
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gers bowl is great, the drag is a real drag. Luckily they put some benches at the top for resting. when sitting down look over to the facing slope (might have a cornice to jump at the top), great run down to the gers drag but could be avalanche prone. best to use a guide for a day to get a better picture of the area, there is a lot of excellent off piste which does not get skied out as it is a family ski area and not a ski bum destination.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks to those that have replied. will try out all over 12/19 march and report back!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy