Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Briancon Train to Sauze d'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI

has anyone taken the overnight sleeper train from Paris to Briancon? we are looking at it but our change over day is Sunday and the hire car company is closed on Sundays in Briancon, so we are trying to find out how much a taxi would be for 4 to Sauze d'oulx - anyone done this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The TGV between Lyon and Milan stops at Oulx / Sestriere, from where it can only be a short taxi ride up the hill?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you would be able to get the Resalp bus from Briancon to your resort. Snowcarbon website has quite a lot of train info.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You may be better with TGV from Paris rather than the sleeper service. Is it actually running next winter, because it was unavailable for much of last year. Which hire company is it? There may be a key drop service for Sundays.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
from snowcarbon for last winter https://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/blog/paris-briancon-sleeper-train-2018-update. there are no signs of trains on sncf timetable
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

We've done this route a couple of times to stay in Briancon. Annoyingly, the Briancon sleeper wasn't running the night we wanted to go last year so ended up staying in Paris overnight and getting the early TGV (departs about 06.30) to Oulx (arrives about 11:30) and getting the Resalp bus back to Briancon.

The sleeper is a bit of an adventure, and I love the idea of travelling while I'm asleep - seems a sensible use of time - but to be honest, the daytime TGV to Oulx worked out really well.

Looks like SADEM run a regular bus service up to Sauze from Oulx station, so if you can get to the station, the last bit up the hill should be a piece of cake.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buses run on a regular* basis from all villages in the valley to Oulx

Couple of days ago on FB there were some posts about the overnight train but I didn't read them, something about being the last one in France

*presumably to meet the train
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here you go - reading it not that critical !

https://mobile.francetvinfo.fr/economie/transports/sncf/les-deux-derniers-trains-de-nuit-en-france-seront-maintenus-et-renoves_2952311.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, so they're renovating the rolling stock on the last two remaining sleeper services... pretty sure the cost of renovation was one of the reasons cited for canning the other sleeper services a couple of years ago. Hey ho, I'm sure they know what they're doing.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Message James at sauzeonline. Top chap and very helpful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy