Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

val cenis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am looking at he possibility of going to val cenis, specifically les alpage de val cenis apparently its 50m from the pre novel chairlift ?

what i would like to know is it close to the nursery slopes / young children ski schools as i will have a 3 year old and 6 year old with me who will be going in lessons so i would like it easy to get there from the accom...

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The pre-novel lift just gets you out of that sector, I believe, to get residents into the main lift system so could be an issue.

The main nursery slopes that I'm aware of are located at either end of the val cenis village area. They are very good and extensive both being ideal for early years tuition. They can't be the only one's but seem to me the most extensive and well equipped for that purpose having small conveyor plus kid size poma lift specifically in cordoned areas to begin tuition, there artists more suitable piste going on from that so great area to begin with children in feel.

We've usually stayed at the Lansvillard end (last of buildings in the village conurbation) which I'd rate easily as the best for young children. it sits right next to the pass office plus main lift access but is a dedicated discreet area for kids without compromise of main piste passing through it. Also progression to main lift system is good with the first stage a gondola lifting a short way with green piste back down to base, or access to another more open nursery slope this one being busier.
The facilities here couldn't better in my view.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’ve been skiing at Val Cenis for over 30 years and believe it’s a great place to ski with young kids. Both mine learnt to ski there from the age of 3 and now at 14 and 16 still love Val cenis.

Apart from the Pre Novel chair from Les Alpages they’re currently installing a new drag lift and creating a new nursery slope with artificial snow that will make this a great area for complete beginners.

The new draglift will also enable a short ski down to the Vieux Moulin telecabine which is also being replaced with a 10 seater with heated seats. Lots of other on mountain improvements relating to this including snow canons on two alternative routes back to lanslevillard, and improvements at mid mountain at the top of the telecabine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would echo the previous response- Val cenis is a gem- been skiing there for 30 yrs- my kids love it- Lanslevillard is slightly better for younger kids but everything at the bottom has a good variety of green runs- they'll be up at the top of the Vieux moulin by the end of the week!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The piste from pre-novel is nice and easy, but it's quite a long (but easy) ski to get anywhere. Then when your little 'uns are tired, is also a way back (again very easy, but not close to anything). Le haut might be a better place to stay, there's a good kids area, and a very very easy beginners drag which doesn't get used much in the day as it's right at the end of the main lift system. You'd be right next to your accommodation, much easier access during the day. Once they're bored of the little drag the there's a gondola up into the main system, so you could download from there if they're tired. At top of gondola, a couple of still very easy but slightly harder and busier pistes with drags and a chair. Lessons start at bottom of drag/ gondola.
All this is assuming they're first timers, if they can already ski a little they'll be fine at Les alpages, just a little warm up in the morning to get to lessons.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy