Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heavy snow forecast ...

Poster: A snowHead
... for Paris on Tuesday and Wednesday !

All they need now is a mountain for it to fall on Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what's the prognosis for the savoie in particular trois vallees for the next 7 days, please. expert views welcomed
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bah - I keep telling people that here in Belgium I've had constant snow since October, if this were a resort they'd be telling the world!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dan100, Heavy snow forecast everywhere - here it's for Thurs/Fri/Sat
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy , it ALWAYS snows just before we arrive in Serre Chevalier.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, Well you cannot complain at that!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mouth, definitely no complaints, but i am plotting out alternative routes in case the pass is closed.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paris? we have a mountain! - sacré-coeur. its lift served by a funicular as well, but not much sign of snow here so far, season hasnt even opened yet!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I hope for all you guys' sake that the professionals have got it right .. I see a lot of warmer weather moving in from South East into the Southern Alps ( and possibly Northern) at the end of this week --- it will definitely bring rain with it to CdA --- hope that doesn't apply any further North Crying or Very sad , small issue of how much wind with this front ( and more to follow)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen, don't drive via Gap. 2 weels ago when there was heavy falls the Grenoble to Gap road was shut. I suggest the Frejus tunnel to be safe if there is a lot of snow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chris, that's what I thought. The guests who arrived late were stuck there for over 3 hours, and arrived about 8 hours late.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy , it ALWAYS snows just before we arrive in Serre Chevalier.

Hang on... didn't you say you were planning on heading back when we were thinking of going? (9th-16th April)

That'll put your snowmaking abilities to the test if we end up going there then! With my "anti-snow" powers and your "snow-goddess" powers fighting for dominance, who knows what the result will be?

It's a neck-and-neck race between Serre Che and Les 2 Alpes at present. Although Les Sybelles is coming up strong on the rails too... Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carled, yep. We're going out about the 7th I think. Our first ever trip was at Easter, it snowed twice while we were there too. Can't guarantee it so late though. Just checked the lift situation, there's only 3 pistes closed dn the whole mountain. One of them at least never opens.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Started snoing in La Rosiere this morning forecast is for 70cms, curently tipping down.
ski holidays
courchevel website and webcams suggest snow
ski holidays
eEvans wrote:
I hope for all you guys' sake that the professionals have got it right .. I see a lot of warmer weather moving in from South East into the Southern Alps ( and possibly Northern) at the end of this week --- it will definitely bring rain with it to CdA --- hope that doesn't apply any further North Crying or Very sad , small issue of how much wind with this front ( and more to follow)

GFS forecasts and Chamonic Meteo are saying that it will remain below average temperature in the Savoie and Haute Savoie with the exception of brief temperature spike around the 6th, but even then the freezing level shouldn't get much above 1600m. The last couple of GFS runs have had a snowfall forecast of up to one metre over the next seven days. Must check that my hire car has snow chains!
snow conditions
Bl**dy brassic here this afternoon. Even if the temps rose 10 deg it'd still be snowing in the village I reckon. Fiongers not working very well at the moment. Cool
snow report
Cold and snowing in the Beaufortain too, around -7 at 1500m. Already snowed more today than snow-forecast was predicting. I see their temperature predictions for the weekend are now much lower. It looks like a very cold, snowy and sometimes very windy week ahead. I have advised my visitors, one of whom has only skied in sunny weather up to now, to bring some good books. I don't mind a bit of snow and a breeze, but am not going out in a full gale. Call me a wimp.....
snow conditions
pam w, your a wimp.....
ski holidays
It is snowing here in Morzine and has not stopped all day, and forecast to continue all week!!!
latest report
-11 above Lausanne last night 4 inches of snow so far - I hope it made the piste and isnt low level, forecast for today is snow down to the lake .....lets see. -32 forecast with wind chill for tonights night skiing if it is open at Champery.

first snow report from Champery is between 5 and 10 cm of fresh snow Sad
snow conditions
Still chucking it down in La Rosiere, forecast to continue for next 2 days and very cold.
ski holidays
David@traxvax, How Strange. In my experience La Rosiere usually has perfect conditions every week Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
Snowing in Strasbourg earlier, and it was lying, which caused a few traffic hold ups on the way to work.
snow conditions
David@traxvax, That is great news. Should be an interesting drive for us tomorrow night!
latest report
4 to 6 inches near Cardiff according to one of my customers I was just speaking to who's driving through it!
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, are you over there full time now?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, just through the week.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, only when you're there!
latest report
It's snowed here a fair bit more than snow-forecast predicted, in the last 24 hours. See the NIVOSE snow-depth measurement http://www.meteo.fr/temps/france/nivose/pics/SAISIS.html. I have found that generally this season snowfall has been greater than predicted by snow-forecast (the reverse was true last year, if I remember rightly).
snow report
pam w, you need to lose the full stop at the end of your link or it won't work!
ski holidays
carled, thanks. Here it is http://www.meteo.fr/temps/france/nivose/pics/SAISIS.html
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, you can stop now, there's enough snow in La Rosiere. It's still tipping down and it's forecast to continue for the next 48hrs, up to 80 cms snow depth!
ski holidays
i am now concentrating all my efforts to the eosb. Expect lots more snow.
snow conditions
been chucking it down all night and temperature -4 at 1500m
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy