Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@BergenBergen, One has a hammer, the other has a qualification. Smile
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lovely snow today, but winds and visibility in many places (Fornet, Plaine Dranse) were appalling. We stuck to the trees and easily navigated off-piste around Lindarets, as the trees shielded us from wind Some nice, variable terrain to bomb down as there has not been enough show to erase all the bumps off-piste, but enough to make them very forgiving, tempting one to bounce through them at any speed desired!

Hoping that tonight's dump coincides with a drop in winds. Avi risk was up to 4 today, so plenty of stuff that was not skiable. Plenty of visibly swept ice and wind-blown slabs, especially in Avoriaz.

http://youtube.com/v/U925MrDQmOU
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We took that lift today in the high winds and crossed our fingers the entire time Very Happy
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Harry Flashman wrote:
Lovely snow today, but winds and visibility in many places (Fornet, Plaine Dranse) were appalling. We stuck to the trees and easily navigated off-piste around Lindarets, as the trees shielded us from wind Some nice, variable terrain to bomb down as there has not been enough show to erase all the bumps off-piste, but enough to make them very forgiving, tempting one to bounce through them at any speed desired!

Hoping that tonight's dump coincides with a drop in winds. Avi risk was up to 4 today, so plenty of stuff that was not skiable. Plenty of visibly swept ice and wind-blown slabs, especially in Avoriaz.

http://youtube.com/v/U925MrDQmOU

Yep I second that!
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very sorry to report a total washout today with rain to 2000m, at least on the Les Gets/Nyon side. Yesterday's powder is now slush, and the off-piste is not skiable. Lots of overnight avalanches visible as the rain has destroyed the snowpack, with some runs closed with avalanche debris on them (unblasted, which is bit scary). High lifts like Pointe de Nyon and Chamossier are closed, with visible avalanche slides all over the faces of those peaks, as the attempt to blast things.

I came home! Pistes have plenty on them, so as long as it gets cold again and they can be groomed, that will be fine. The off-piste is dead unless it drops in temp, we get good snow, and everything bonds properly.

Get those piste skis out, and wait, people!
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chatel is reporting 5/5 today! Must be lots of snow uptop. Reports of good snowfalls at village level yesterday afternoon and overnight.

snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes we have not gone out today- total washout.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Harry Flashman, that sounds grim. I hope it improves by next week (arriving Thurs.)
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very grim. Approximately 35-40cm of fresh (at ardent first thing) but it's all been ruined. Rain to much higher levels than the lifts were running to today so anyone's guess where it stopped, possibly 2000m possibly the very top.

yesterday was much fun before the lifts closed early, and for sure we are going to have a very decent spring, but today very disappointing. Expecting much epicness, got soaked. less powder, more concrete.
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mt Chery nice yesterday.
Today pretty windy, though more lifts opened up towards the end of the morning.
Back home now, as it seems ti be getting worse.
Weather for the rest of the week looks great though.
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone know if Chaux Fleurie is closed long term, or just closed today because of the wind?
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
10cm fresh snow overnight, skies clear again now.
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not exactly bottomless off piste but fun all the same. Spaghetti legs required Very Happy
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shawsy wrote:
Anyone know if Chaux Fleurie is closed long term, or just closed today because of the wind?

I can confirm I was on the sixth chair after it opened this morning and it’s working fine. What followed however was the sheer joy of straightlining through the untouched fluffy dry fresh powder on the piste. It’s something I’ve only experienced a couple of times in a good number of years in the PDS and I won’t forget in a hurry.

That first run took some beating but we certainly tried by heading over to Chatel for the more of the on piste goodness, followed by numerous laps of all the spots off cornebois and surrounding areas.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy