Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2018/19 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@Ldj226, my link to the Saalbach website isn’t working

Let @tatmanstours, be your guide, http://www.hansis-skiverleih.at/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello to all snowheads,
Heading to Saalbach on the 19th of January. Unfortunately wasn't able to convince any friends or relatives to go at late notice so will be flying solo.
If anyone has any recommendations for good places to meet up with people etc they would be much appreciated
And if anyone is going to be in Saalbach and was keen to meet up for a drink that would also be great!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jospehdaly111, a big group of us arrive 19th, most apres afternoons around 4/5pm you will find us in Burgi’s bar, at the bottom of the Kohlmais slope/lift

In my view the best bar in Saalbach, it’s a small bar, but generally great apres.

Burgi and her son Mattias will look after you and we would be happy to share a beer with you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@josephdaly111, I’m around for the season staying in St Johann in Tirol so let me know if you want to meet up for skiing as I will be coming over to Saalbach here and there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ribblevalleyblue
thats 2 of us burgis is usually fun and friendly either in a group or not, esp after skiing down from an hour or so in the hinterhag and bergeralm, the problem is getting back to hotel and showered before dinner. weve being going to her bar for a few years and as you walk/stagger up the steps on the first night of your hols to be recognised and have your usual tipple on the bar is great service and appreciation of your custom
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ski for fun, I have not made it back to my hotel for a shower and dinner many times due to enjoying myself in Burgi’s, also Spacey in spitzbub and ended up with chicken wings at Eva Alm
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ski for fun, and @ribblevalleyblue, you two seem to have hit the nail on the head in explaining why catered chalets and half board hotels are not the preferred option in Saalbach wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@josephdaly111, you’ll find us in the Bergeralm between 3.30-5.15pm most days, Crazy Deer Monday late evening, Spitzbub Tuesday and Thursday early evening, Otzi Bar Sunday and Wednesday late evening. Underbar when we have the stamina late evening.
Incidentally we like the new Irish Bar at the Alpenhotel - good Irish music, draft Guinness and a relative haven of peace in between other bars. (Once in a blue moon you might find us in Burgi’s).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you’re out in Saalbach this week keep an eye out for the one on the right who’s out skiing with his wife (the one on the left is in Kirchberg with me)

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Maireadoconnor, nice pic, he’s playing at the Walleggalm on Thursday (the one on the right I think).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
On the continuing theme of non smoking mountain restaurants, the Panorama Alm is non smoking up to 3pm. Had very enjoyable cheesy sausage, until they started smoking (late lunch)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Maireadoconnor, @nozawaonsen, Sad we are going to miss him !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I noticed this season wherever I’ve been so far what with not staying in Saalbach itself, that more people have been standing outside having a cigarette.
What’s changed though? Anything? Or are more businesses coming around to the idea that they are better off suiting the non-smokers than the smokers?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@VolklAttivaS5, think that’s it, it also saves on cleaning.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another fully non smoking Mountain restaurant, the Wieseralm, had a long lunch with fellow Snowhead Maggi
snow conditions
Its been snowing most of the day, I'm enjoying the slopes not too busy,low visibility but manageable, skied 32 several times, lunch with Snowhead Maggi, then headed back on 38 and 34a to our apartment, saw four other people, it was a joy to ski.

ski holidays
I stayed in today for a rest but it looks good. I noticed it was belting down with snow outside my apartment earlier-even more than usual!
snow report
radar wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, think that’s it, it also saves on cleaning.

Good point. I’m all for it. I went into a cafe in St Johann last week for lunch and it had a smoking side and a non smoking side but with the sliding door it still wafted in anyway.
It was like going back to pubs in the UK way before the smoking ban when everyone just took it as a given that people smoked.
snow report
Had a fab day skiing today despite lots of lifts and runs being closed. Apparently road is closing at 1900 tonight again but sure all will be sorted tomorrow.
snow report
@radar, looks beautiful!!
snow conditions
Wanted to get to 68, but its closed, with very deep snow, should be amazing when it opens, made it to the “Chicken Man”

snow report
Great pics!! That hut is absolutely buried in the last one!! Shocked
snow report
Hi,

Can anyone recommend some restaurants for lunch. All goodish skiers so don't mind travelling to get there (from base in Saalbach).
Also, is it better to eat in the towns or up the mountain?

Thanks,

Gary
ski holidays
@garyham, no sense in coming off the mountain, even though you would get a good meal. Take your pick from any mountain restaurant, I cannot think of any I wouldn’t recommend, all superb. Standout ones - Panorama alm, Westernstadl, head over to Leogang take your pick from the three at the top, everybody has their favourite but seriously all good
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny, this is on 64 heading to the Schonleitenbhan midstation

The Church

snow report
@radar, just stunning snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
@garyham, PM me your email address and I’ll send you my comprehensive guide, which contains sections on recommended mountain and village restaurants.
One of the Ski Circus’s attributes is the number, diversity and reasonable prices of its restaurants - around 60 on the mountains, and dozens in the villages.
latest report
@tatman, @summerseat, thanks for all the help.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @ribblevalleyblue and @tatmanstours, will definitely head to those spots and link up with you guys for apres during the week.
And @VolklAttivaS5, would be great to meet for a day on the slopes. Will be around 19th-26th so if there’s a day that works drop me a DM!
snow conditions
@josephdaly111, ok
snow report
Looking good.

To book or not to book for first week of February ...
snow conditions
Super excited. Leave Australia tomorrow and arrive via UK in Saalbach on sat 19th. I’ll have my topical ski jacket on which looks like an avalanche flag so you may spot me out and about on piste it’s hard to miss Shocked
ski holidays
Did the valley from Reiterkogel to Lengau, up the Zwolfer, then Schattberg and down via 2b; up the Schonleiten and over for a beer and kaspresknodel at AsitzBrau...
Then back to the valley, to Saalbach, up the Bernkogel and we were the last onto the Reiter 6er, which meant completely empty piste 35,34,38 and 39 back to Reitorkogelbahn.
Now relaxing with a dunkel and ready for the Knappenstubbe and Biker Bar!
snow report
@Raven, don't leave it too long, its half term month
ski holidays
The Hoff, this Thursday Hinterglemm, https://www.sn.at/salzburg/chronik/saalbach-hinterglemm-auch-david-hasselhoff-steckte-im-schnee-fest-64112011
latest report
@Leonard Smalls, Sounds like an excellent and very full day. I’m ashamed to admit that all I did was head over the Kohlmais to piste 68 (which was perfect and virtually deserted as usual), sat in the sun at the Hecherhuette, back to the Bergeralm for an apres-ski session, and then skied down in the moonlight. (Note, not a mention of gulasch soup, jagatee and beer, although those also played their part).
snow report
@tatmanstours, very jealous!
ski holidays
I think I saw something somewhere today that the link from Fieberbrunn to Saalbach is opening tomorrow
latest report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
I think I saw something somewhere today that the link from Fieberbrunn to Saalbach is opening tomorrow

We're going tomorrow - hopefully not everyone else has had the same thought...
snow conditions
radar wrote:
@Raven, don't leave it too long, its half term month

Does this mean it will be super busy on the slopes or is it not too bad?

I’ve found a place with availability. Just need to make a decision!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy