Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2018/19 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@radar, thanks for the pics , I will certainly trying the new restaurant in a couple of weeks, if we can reach the hotel through all the snow !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was the link from Fieberbrunn to Saalbach open today?
Thinking of going to Fieberbrunn tomorrow but I wondered about the weather closing the link?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@VolklAttivaS5, it was closed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seen a report that the road in/out of Saalbach is closing tonight.

Here’s the link to the Facebook post
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@blondends, yep access to Glemmtaler will be cut from 1900.

https://service.salzburg.gv.at/lkorrj/Index?cmd=detail_ind&nachrid=60983
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@nozawaonsen, ok thought so
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How’s it been on the mountain today? Is it snowing heavily or is it just the fact that it’s been consistent steady snow that’s accumulating?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tatmanstours wrote:
@Jenniper, next time Ryanair?

Absolutely no chance Laughing

We had a bumpy landing into Salzburg but Kevin from Enzian just called and said they’re closing the road into the valley at 7pm. I’m just waiting by the transfer coaches for a Crystal to find out what’s going on. I might be spending the night in the airport!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we flew back today from salzburg, Jet 2, treacherous journey from Saalbach which took 4 hours, but set off early and managed to get to the airport ok and in time. Jet 2 really good at the airport, holding several other flights for delayed passengers, we saw many stressed and then relieved people running for the gate! Big up to Jet2 to be honest, the same cannot be said of easy jet however. Friends of ours were on the later Liverpool flight, had a nightmare of a journey only to be refused boarding despite the aircraft sat for over an hour. Many other people also in the same situation. Hell of a day, and very unusual for travel to be so widely disrupted in this part of the world.
On the plus side this last week has seen amazing snow conditions, never seen it like this in 15 years. What a week for powder!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
summerseat wrote:
treacherous journey from Saalbach which took 4 hours

Ah, that explains why Bristol to Salzburg was only 90 minutes!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@blondends, heavy snowfall much of the day.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh I completely misunderstood that Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know it's early but am arriving next Saturday. We are flying into Munich and we have a hire car booked. Would the train be a better bet?

The weather has looked awesome but looking at the forecast there seems to be no let up.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mattiwilkin, I would stick with the car, the motorways will be clear down from Munich, plus not as busy approaching Saalbach now the new year holiday is out of the way, I very much doubt today’s chaos would be repeated
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fieberbrunn - ridiculous amounts of snow, just managed to drive from Munich last night in the worlds worst car for snow-some horrible hybrid thing. Off piste is v deep. Hardly any wind too. Hoping the links might open on Monday, but not holding my breath for tomorrow.
snow report
@BertieG, yeah I arrived about 4.30pm yesterday and I was glad to have got here while it was still daylight-it was hammering it down with snow so driving today instead would have been a challenge.
Lots of cars about with chains as well this morning.
I was impressed with my new winter tyres. Hankook ICept Evo 2. No skidding or wheelspin even reversing up an incline.
ski holidays
Saalbach is now officially cut off from the outside world - the valley road between Maishofen and Viehhofen was closed from 7.00pm this evening, due to avalanche danger. Similarly the road between Saalfelden and Lofer has been closed for the same reason. People who are unable to reach their accommodation have been advised to look for availability elsewhere.
snow report
I arrived in Hinterglemm at 5pm. Travelled from the airport using public transport. No drama Very Happy
5 mins walk to my accommodation, could have used runners rather than wheels on my bag!
latest report
Yorksboy wrote:
I arrived in Hinterglemm at 5pm. Travelled from the airport using public transport. No drama Very Happy
5 mins walk to my accommodation, could have used runners rather than wheels on my bag!

Great timing Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I’m on a transfer coach. We’ve got as far as Zell but nobody knows what is happening next...! Laughing
ski holidays
Yorksboy wrote:

Hi, What public transport did you use? Our flight from Bristol was delayed so we missed our holiday shuttle transfer and by the time the next one came around it was too late as they were closing the road. They shuttle company don't seem particularly helpful and wondered about another option for when it re-opens, or if anyone else is in the same boat on here a shared taxi transfer?

Thanks
latest report
@Jenniper, been reading a bit about that on Twitter. Your not getting into Saalbach tonight. May be time for the rep to get in contact with the local police to get assistance if there is accommodation free in Zell?
snow report
The rep just popped onto the bus and said they were just trying to work out what to do. There are a few coaches around I think in the same situation - they’ve been here much longer than us!

Luckily the petrol station is open and selling beers...

Ooh - we are off to Gastein for the night.

Things could be far worse. We’ve gone DIY and normally we’d just head over on easyJet but I figured that flight + transfer with crystal was going to be a more sensible option. I’m glad I did it.
latest report
@Jenniper, glad to hear you have all got somewhere to head to!
snow report
@Shanemac,
Hi I took a train from Salzburg to Zell Am See, then the bus.

Journeys can be planned and tickets bought on th ÖBB app.

The road up to Saalbach-Hinterglemm is now closed - I think they will reasses it in the morning.

If you are still in Salzburg I’d try and find accommodation there and then travel in the morning??
latest report
Just been looking on Twitter about what’s been happening, sounds like it’s been a nightmare today for some.

@Shanemac, yes you’re better off staying in Salzburg, plenty of accommodation there and wait and see what the situation is in the morning.
snow conditions
@Yorksboy, you are there until the 19th aren’t you? I will be over to Saalbach once the weather settles down a bit as there’s more snow to come and that may mean more travel disruption.
ski holidays
@Jenniper, I think I know what you mean (you’re being looked after), but I’ve been talking to quite a lot of people who did it DIY (including our current guests), and who arrived without a problem during the afternoon via Salzburg airport and taxi transfer or train. It seems that many of those who booked a package (e.g. with Crystal) got diverted and are now unable to reach Saalbach.
Sorry to hear you’re in the latter situation, by the way.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We weren’t diverted in the end - we arrived into Salzburg on time as planned! I think we’d be sleeping on the floor of Linz airport otherwise.

Lots of people have had a really rough day today and we’ve been hugely lucky in comparison.
snow conditions
nozawaonsen wrote:
@Jenniper, glad to hear you have all got somewhere to head to!

Cheers!
snow conditions
Also - the easyJet flight out of Bristol, due to take off the same time as Tui, was delayed by two hours so they’re in a far worse position than us, poor souls.
latest report
Yorksboy wrote:
@Shanemac,
Hi I took a train from Salzburg to Zell Am See, then the bus.

Journeys can be planned and tickets bought on th ÖBB app.

The road up to Saalbach-Hinterglemm is now closed - I think they will reasses it in the morning.

If you are still in Salzburg I’d try and find accommodation there and then travel in the morning??

Great thank you for that. Staying at a hotel in Salzburg tonight and will see what happens in the morning, fingers crossed we'll get to hinterglemm tomorrow. Had exactly the same happen last year in st anton, took 2 days to get in. Typical. Thanks for your help.
ski holidays
@Shanemac, were you on the delayed EJ flight? Sorry to hear you’re stuck - best of luck tomorrow, got everything crossed for you.
latest report
@Shanemac, I had the 2 day thing for St Anton once too!
Good luck with tomorrow.

@tatmanstours, yes, I have found that for some resorts in France or Italy that are difficult to get to by public transport or if a taxi is going to be expensive then a tour operator deal can work out better in these sorts of circumstances. But for Austria it’s generally very easy to get to ski resorts by public transport and the best thing about DIY is you can do what you like when you like, no waiting for decisions etc. Hotels/B&Bs are pretty good value in Austria too and easy to find.
latest report
No we were on the 11.30 flight but it was delayed 35 mins due to bad weather in salzburg. Then an aborted landing at Salzburg delayed us further. Think we would have made it in to saalbach today if it wasn't for that. Thank you, best of luck to you too.
latest report
It will all be worth it Blush
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, Hi
Fly home on the 19th. At the moment the sunniest day is forecast for next Saturday- but things change quickly in the mountains.
Let me know when you are planning and I’ll meet you. Leogang or Fiederbrum might work best for you. I’m going to try and have a day in Zell - plus some lessons.

Plus it’s about time I tried to meet up with some of the other regulars, as this is my 14th year in Saalbach-Hinterglemm Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
On the off chance anyone is still stuck this is a help hotline set up by the Landes Salzburg.

06541-6800-68
ski holidays
I just about made it to Saalbach at around 4pm on the 5th
snow conditions
@Yorksboy, yeah what I was planning on doing is going to Fieberbrunn as the bus from here is only 15 mins and then ski over to Saalbach from there.
If the link is closed a lot this week then I will do the Leogang version instead.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy