Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2018/19 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@VolklAttivaS5, similar, yes but Asitz is unlikely to be closed due to weather whereas the Fieberbrunn link does sometimes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ousekjarr, yes I’d noticed that actually when I was in Saalbach last season and wanted to see what Fieberbrunn was like. The link was closed for 3 of the days I think it was the wind.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tatmanstours, ok thanks that’s useful to know.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well this time next week I shall be there in the vicinity somewhere!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last time I did a Ski Circus circuit, on 19th December, we got on the Bernkogelbahn at 14:39 and reached the TirolS II (the crucial connecting lift to Fieberbrunn) at 15:14 (all according to the skiline chart). So the times suggested seem reasonable. That was on a quiet day with no lift queues (and we knew where we were going).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Last time I was in Austria (Kreischberg, to be precise), I had the equivalent of an Italian Bombardino (Advocaat, brandy, whipped cream). Has anyone seen these during Saalbach apres and know what they would be called in this area?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jenniper, I believe it is called something like Schneeflocke, experienced my first (and a few subsequently) on cold days sat outside the Sonnalm at the bottom of the Sunliner lift in Saalbach
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, that rings a bell - thanks!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@VolklAttivaS5, and anyone else this may help with planning your day, the opening and more importantly the last lifts https://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/ski-resort/operating-hours
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Schneeflocke, experienced my first (and a few subsequently) on cold days sat outside the Sonnalm at the bottom of the Sunliner lift in Saalbach

I need to try this. The other (black run) drinks are the Jagatee (especially at the Hecherhuette) and the Bauerntequila at the Bergeralm.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Sonnalm looks like it's a real delight on a sunny day.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can apres-ski get any better than this? "Bohemian Rhapsody" being performed in the Hinterhag Alm on 28/12/18 by Marco Antonio Lozano (a fine operatic tenor). Worth going to the Hinterhag just for this!

http://youtube.com/v/vlY1swI5TtU
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@tatmantours, great shout on the jagatee, had one or two in Burgi’s that hit the spot on a cold apres
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jenniper, also enjoyed a nice beer in the sun and good food in sonnalm.

For me the ski area across Saalbach, hinterglemm, leogang and Fieberbrunn does not offer many bad meals up the mountain, I have experienced a good proportion of them!
latest report
@tatmanstours, Plus one for the Bauerntequila at the Bergeralm. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I can see that I need to take my custom to the Sonnalm - some friends have just called in this evening and were enthusing about it. So it's not just on Snowheads that it's winning accolades. A couple of guests of ours a few years ago got into the habit of going there for breakfast in the mornings. Normally, when lunching in the Reiterkogel area, I've headed for the Wieseralm, the Pfefferalm and the Reiteralm. Or have headed over to the Sonnhof at Hochalm.
snow conditions
@tatmanstours, pity we aren't there at the moment you could have dropped in for an end of day coffee, our apartment is at the bottom of 34a, we too are fans of the Sonnalm
ski holidays
hammerite wrote:
@Hyst, it seems once again we were within tracks of each other. We headed over to Fieberbrunn and stopped at the Höchorndler for a mid morning drink whilst waiting to see if they would fix the chair lift.

Ended up bumping in to @tatmanstours and Mrs Tatman who broke our Hinterhag cherry. A great apres session! snowHead

We liked the part to Fieberbrunn very much - best snow there - and great view from the Höch... Hut.

And we just had got of the chair lift when it stopped Shocked .

Trying to get ready for tonight after Autobahn yesterday all day Skullie
ski holidays
Hi all, just starting to plan a last minute powder hunt to Fieberbrunn either next w/e or the one after. Would like to know if there is a reasonable base off piste and if there is an old frozen rain crust under the new snow? Any suggestions on cheap places to stay and and or eat (lunches are unlikely if the snow is good) also welcome. Thanks.
ski holidays
@Jenniper, try a Heißewitwe (sp???). Warm plum liqueur with a dod of whipped cream and cinnamon. It can be difficult to track down outside the Arlberg for some reason - might be called something else elsewhere. Can't wait to come out in a few weeks - forecast looks great this week in terms of amount of snow
snow report
Oh my god, that sounds amazing. "High-se-veet-ve"? (I don't speak German Very Happy )
ski holidays
@Jenniper, pretty much. Vit-ve. Believe it means hot widow from memory and is a cracking wee warmer
snow report
@boabski, definitely available in the Amadé. Love it.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 31-12-18 14:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Nothing better than a hot wee.
ski holidays
@BertieG

I would suggest you go onto the following site for accommodation, official local site I think.

https://www.saalbach.com/en

I have used many times successfully, note it can change quite often, as places suddenly have availability and need to sell a room or vice versa they can disappear

You can click onto the accommodation, put in your dates and it throws up availability

Arriving on a Saturday which is changeover day offers more options
ski holidays
This year is the first time in five years we have not been going to the Dolomites. Looking forward to our first trip to Saalbach on the 12th. Am obsessively checking this thread and the bergfex forecast!! Feeling very happy at the moment with the forecasts. Have used some of the recommendations from this forum already (to book ski hire) and will be following for me over the next 10 days Very Happy
snow report
I've been going to Saalbach every year for the last 10 years.

It's rubbish - too low, nothing challenging, rubbish apres, slow lifts, crap snow-making, blah, blah, blah.

No-one should ever go to Saalbach.

Go to France. France is ace.

I'm in Saalbach from the 13th and I don't expect to see any of you there!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BertieG, there is a frozen rain crust now varyingly deeply buried; also lots of frozen tracks in popular areas. The offpiste has been very good yesterday and today but while the snow is falling and vis v poor we’ve been avoiding the steeper stuff. Avalanche risk going up as crust contributing to weak layers of course. I doubt we’ll be doing steeper stuff this week but I’d have no hesitation coming to Fieberbrunn this weekend (we’re plotting an extension to this week).
latest report
@BertieG, Are you planning to stay in Fieberbrunn or Saalbach-Hinterglemm? If the latter, unless something changes, we may have an apartment available for the week beginning 12th January. How many nights would you be wanting?
For inexpensive but good food, it would be hard to beat Bobby’s Pub.
snow conditions
@Jenniper, You can get a Heisse Witwe (as well as a lot of other weird drinks) at the Bergeralm - in fact two for the price of one (about 4 euros) if you go during happy hour (3.30-4.30pm)
ski holidays
The famous 7km Piste 68 is now open. Skied down it today (at times in thigh deep powder) and called at the wonderful Hecherhuette for a gulasch soup and jagatee (both of which I would rate as unbeatable anywhere in the Ski Circus).
snow conditions
@tatmanstours, Fieberbrunn thanks anyway and @Inboard, v helpful.
ski holidays
@NickYoung, totally agree - I've been coming to Saalbach for the last 14 years and can't think why I keep coming back. was there just before Christmas and the slopes where full of snow and totally lacking in people. heading back on Saturday for a couple of weeks to see what all the fuss is about. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@tatmanstours, glad to hear that 68 is open - love lunch in the Hecherhutte.
ski holidays
Shuuuuuusssssshh!!!!!!!
snow report
We're booked for the week 2--9 March Cool 4th visit to Saalbach, 3rd year running for our group. Can't wait.
@NickYoung France was full again this year!! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
tatmanstours wrote:
@Jenniper, You can get a Heisse Witwe (as well as a lot of other weird drinks) at the Bergeralm - in fact two for the price of one (about 4 euros) if you go during happy hour (3.30-4.30pm)

snowHead
snow report
@tatmanstours, very envious, Happy New Year
ski holidays
@darbyrw, we're going for the first time on the 12th too Smile
Been like you, avidly checking cameras and forecasts with this thread lol
latest report
@skiluvva @darbyrw, if you are arriving into Salzburg on an early flight and fancy sharing a lift please let me know. I am due in at 09:35 and heading to saalbach. I was going to get the holiday shuttle at 10:15 but it goes via zell first and I am looking to get skiing as early as possible! Ta.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy