Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2018/19 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Just watching Slalom on Eurosport and conditions look fab.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hammerite, stopped on the piste to watch a bit

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any snowHeads at the Chicken Man???
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hammerite, Weatherforcast is chancing some for the next week. Rain og snow and sun - that is the question - lately it looks more like snow and sun next week. Coming fridag/saturday does not look that good in the valley.

Might change again. Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Yorksboy, not me, I’m having a coffee at the Die Unterschwarzcher in Hinterglemm Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That where I set out from this morning Puzzled
Think I’m going to end up at the Goatstall this afternoon
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’m having a lazy day, watching TV with Mrs TT. Need to get motivated and out there - question is, which direction? If I wait much longer I’ll just about have time to go up to the Bergeralm.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m having a lazy day, watching TV with Mrs TT. Need to get motivated and out there - question is, which direction? If I wait much longer I’ll just about have time to go up to the Bergeralm.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tatmanstours, you answered your own question!

@radar, looks very quiet at the race.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hyst, looking milder Sat-Mon with rain in the valley, snow higher up. Then a bit cooler from Tuesday and snow. I don’t mind rain unless it melts stacks of snow, it’s the lack of visibility that I struggle with. Thankfully the wind looks like it’s going to be light so lifts shouldn’t be troubled.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hammerite, the photo is just below the start gate, the big crowds are further down.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@radar, thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@compostcorner, another smoke free mountain restaurant, Westgipfelhutte at the top of Schattberg West

We stopped at Der Schwarzacher in Hinterglemm smoking in the bar area, however the have a separate non smoking room off to the side.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@compostcorner, two more non smoking mountain restaurants Reiter Alm, Rosswaldhutte .

Maybe we need a new thread, non smoking Saalbach-Hinterglemm
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@radar, I can see you’re on a mission! Very encouraging that this move towards non-smoking is apparently picking up momentum. Once the smoky places are in the minority, they will find themselves under pressure to follow suit, as even many smokers won’t want to be corralled into confined spaces full of smoke.
Where are you, by the way? Just going up. Bergeralm?
snow report
Just went to the Soul Stop, which isn’t open, now st the Eva Alm. Will be heading to Crazy Deer 8.30ish.

Non smoking saved the airlines thousands in cleaning I’m, sure it the same for restaurants not having to scrape all that tar of the ceiling.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-12-18 17:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@radar, the Soul House opens tomorrow - looking forward to those spare ribs NehNeh
May see you later.
snow conditions
Run 68 to Viehofen is definately open (just look the other way when you ski past the "closed" sign) - excellent lunch at the Hecherhütte today with just a couple of tables occupied.
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, Knew we should have stayed an extra day !
ski holidays
Superb conditions today, started overcast with light snow and turned into sunny day, piste 36 if you can find it was superb as was 36a and 34a back to the Apartment. 23 and 24 weren't open but they are getting them ready. 33 was a joy, 46 was almost deserted and a joy to ski. You will have to get the maps out to see where they are Toofy Grin

snow conditions
@geoffers, I'm sure the insurance company will have a different view
snow conditions
Helpful hint, Credit Cards, almost all the mountain huts in the ski circus do NOT take credit cards.
latest report
@geoffers, If piste 68 is ready and groomed but not officially open, I’m sure that Jarmila at the Hecherhuette must have some strong views about it - a couple of tables occupied when it could be twenty!
ski holidays
Jarmilla was very happy to see us - I guess runs closed to conserve snow for the busy week to come
latest report
@geoffers, That’s what I surmised. Was it nicely groomed?
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, yep - pretty good with a top up of this morning's snow
latest report
@geoffers, Hope it will keep during next week!
Hope to arrive sat. morning before lifts open.
@tatmanstours, I planed a lot from your material - marked on pistmap and very happy about it - now in hotel in Munich realised all printed material is laying on the table at home Sad - not going to fetch it! Cool
Anyway still have a good memory.

Bergeralm is printed into the brain. (Happy hour snowHead )
ski holidays
Also incoming tomorrow. Will be in the village at about lunchtime. If we’re not too knackered we’ll probably head up for a 3pm freebie slide.

We’ll be visiting Hansi’s though first. After packing the skis earlier in the week I read the ski carriage Ts&Cs. One pair per bag and a limit of 15kg. Two pairs of skis, a pair of boots and some clothes = a long way over 15kg. As my skis are lighter we’re going to leave the OHs at home and hire her a pair. We’ll be saying you recommended us @tatmanstours.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, Yes,@tatmanstours, is like a compass -always giving valuable information where to go ect.
snow conditions
Although now we din’t need to visit Hansi. While logging on to pint put the boarding passes we were given the option of adding more skis even though we were told it was too late earlier.
snow report
Not to bad here!
ski holidays
Bergeralm is nice - won't make happy hour here today as "the girls" want an easy day and want to head towards Hinterglemm already!
Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Fabulous first day in Fieberbruun! Despite some heavy rain around lunchtime low down, we've loved riding the slopes so far, can't wait for tomorrow. Weather forecast isn't great, but as we now know, things can change minute by minute snowHead
latest report
Skied over to the Reiterkogel today, and, after a pit stop at the Pfefferalm, we headed back up the Sunliner, only to find that our way back to Saalbach, down the Reiter Ost piste was cordoned off, as the Wetterkreuz chair lift had been closed due to high winds. Skied over to Hochalm and got the ski bus back to Saalbach.
Although it was raining low down, it was snowing from mid-station upwards, and there was a covering of fresh powder at the top. Unsurprisingly the pistes were very quiet and I enjoyed my skiing, although fed up about having to walk up through the village instead of being able to ski down from the top of the Wildenkarkogel, calling at the Bergeralm for happy hour, as I’d intended before I was informed by a fellow passenger on the bus that the Schonleitenbahn was closed. Could have been a lot worse - that fellow passenger was trying to work out how to get back to Leogang!
Let’s hope we get snow down to village level tonight. It’s a dramatic change from the past couple of week’s weather - the firm, powdery pistes are now a bit soggy especially lower down. However a temporary state of affairs, as always.
ski holidays
Just got home after a fabulous week Very Happy
Got a few shifts to do over the next 2 weeks- then back to the Ski Circus for a couple of weeks.
Hope today’s rain is transient. The forecast for the next week looks good with reasonable new snow tomorrow and Xmas eve.
Must arrange a SnowHeads Meetup in January Puzzled
latest report
Have to agree with everyone here — just got back from a fab 5 days in Saalbach — beautiful pistes, and pretty much deserted slopes. And the brand-new Kohlmais lift really helps; such a relief to sit-down! Can't wait to be back in Feb.
snow report
Arrived yesterday lunchtime, dumped bags and straight out for something to eat. The plan was to get out for 3pm, but it was chucking it down. With a 2am start and the weather not looking great we decided to opt for a steady unpack/30 min power nap and just go for a wander around the village.

Things we noticed... the Spar is now a Hervis. A South African family had a massive shock at this! Whilst I’m sure the lift experience is brilliant, the new Kohlmais station has a bit of a clinical/corporate feel to it. Even if the old lifts were a pain, I quite liked the old lift station itself.
latest report
Have been chaised by ski instructor 3 hours in the morning and have not any idea where we have been.
Daughter wanted to switch to snowboard - so back to the Johanneshof - dumped the wife and went up Schattberg West with daughter on snowboard.
Went down 7 -4 - 3 - 2b again and had a pitstop at Limberalm - very nice place in late afternoon and coisy.
Berger Alm was out of reach for us today ( a bit tired after this morning).

The hotel we stay in (Johanneshof - Hinterglemm), a 3 star, makes very good food like a 5 star resaurant. Nice small dishes -5 courses and 2 different maindishes to choose between every day.
However we are the only none dutch speaking guests it seems.
It is ski in and ski out and with nice view over Hinterglemm.
Waiters are not professionals but very helpful, and there is a lot of them.

Have an other 3 hours ski instruction to survive tomorrow morning.
"Skill" ski school is very professional and our instructor is a superb teacher.

@tatmanstours, @hammerite, and other snowHead

Always ready for a meet up after tomorrow.
snow report
@tatmanstours, I just did a search on here for Seasonnaire Insurance and noticed you had said on that old thread that you’ve done Austrian Alpine Club insurance and then after 8 weeks did it with MPI for the rest of season.
Have you done that since that thread in 2016?
I usually do mine with MPI but of course it was only an annual travel policy, this is the first time I need a seasonnaire set up and their middle option is about £225. Plus I’d need an annual travel insurance policy for ordinary holidays when I got back.
snow report
@Yorksboy, we will be back in March, if your there maybe we can manage to be in the same end of the resort at the same time Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy