Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
@Bennyboy1, thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, where are you staying?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
.....unfortunately I managed to fracture my Fibula today. Minor fracture but ends my season (for now). Plan to ski end of May for a couple of days if leg gets better.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh no @Bennyboy1, here

https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/austria/zillertal/ski-zillertal-3000/mayrhofen/alps-zillertal-chalets?Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B2%5D=1989-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B3%5D=1989-03-20
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That first day back on the skiis after a break/fracture is a tentative one.

There was 5 to 10 cm of fresh snow about this morning. Got heavy fairly soon as temp rose but made for lots of fun, was great to get some o/p on our last day of the season.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickyJ, I don’t know that end of town very well. Train station is the other end but the free bus service is so good you won’t be far from a stop to go to station of gondola.

I see weather looks a bit more promising for the week. Fingers crossed for you.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bennyboy1, Where do you plan to go at the end of May, my first day back on snow after a broken leg about 25 years ago was Hintertux.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JimboS, yes will be hintertux but only for a day or two. We do it just for the pure novelty of skiing at that time of year. Last couple of years anyway.

What type of break did you have? Doctor said 6 weeks recovery and maybe some physio so cutting it fine. Interested to know if the 6 weeks is a reasonable target.

Assuming my leg works we will be doing tennis, cycling and doing klettersteig with the kids mainly. Might try the caves at hintertux too. I think the rivers will be too cold for canyoning at that time (?).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a spiral fracture of the tibia and had a cast on for 6 weeks, but it was another few months before I got back onto my board, even then I was still nervous but was feeling confident after 10 minutes.

My kids did canyoning in June when the weather was good and it was fine, probably the air temp is a important as the water temp as I don't think the water ever gets much above freezing.

We tried the river rafting in June on a super hot day and it was a relief to jump into the water.

I don't really like heights that much but my wife forced me into doing this on the kiddies route, some of it was very scary but probably easy if you are used to a bit of wall climbing.

http://youtube.com/v/Eckzs9HJ1us
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any recommendation for eateries both on and off the mountain (Mayrhofen)?

Especially ones which do food early evening? We are self catering but wouldn’t mind at least one evening meal out if we can find any where doing food earlier (5:30 - 6pm time)?

Thanks - getting very excited now as should be there about 2pm Saturday all going well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are lots of places to eat up and down the main street that serve food all day, you will find something easily.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Edelweiss (upstairs lounge/patio) for pizza.

Bar at the bottom of the Ahorn lift, if it’s nice weather. Think it’s called Stoaner's Bienenhäusl. Does food and a very nice view.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also like Pano e vino on the Main Street. A bit more expensive but v.nice. You will have to book
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are up the mountain at Mayrhofen. There was a decent dump of snow last night making the runs lovely. Still snowing today and cloud keeps making very poor visibility. As we have both girls with us staying in the blue runs through the trees which my youngest is enjoying. You can see there was definitely some icy patches before this fresh snow so very grateful for it. Forecast is for sun for the next 3 days and rain on Friday (hope that holds of until we are coming home Saturday)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Photo take from Penkenbahn on the way up - carries on snowing throughout the day

snow report
Great snow up in the mountains this morning. First time skiing Harakiri in 30 cm powder at 9 am this morning... Soon turned foggy and wet snow, but rest of the week looks good
snow conditions
The Hof, the resort that just keeps giving. Very Happy
latest report
Skied with a guide at Hintertux yesterday. Fantastic off piste conditions given it being 15th of April and that it was a hot day. Deep powder after the snowfall in the weekend. Finished the day by skiing the deserted back valley from the top t-bar. 1,5 hour taxi drive home but well worth it. What a season ending in the valley
snow report
Yesterday was lovely. The clouds had cleared so I could actually see more than a few feet Happy, some runs were getting quite slushy but most were in brilliant condition. No queues anywhere!
snow report
The temperature difference yesterday between the top and the bottom was quite extreme!
latest report
Following the sun?
latest report
@NickyJ, Mo's Bar on the main street is good, reasonably priced food and often live music to boot!
latest report
Oh, it is getting hot in the valley... But still some fun conditions to explore before noon. Will be 3 great days to end the season Very Happy
ski holidays
dunc999 wrote:
@NickyJ, Mo's Bar on the main street is good, reasonably priced food and often live music to boot!

We tried for there but ead closed on Tuesday when we were trying to eat out. We will try tomorrow evening as not cooking on the last night.

Was a scorcher up there today.
snow report
Asking for an advice from those, who know Zillertal Arena well. Based on ski-map it is red piste dominant, how fair are they rated? True reds are to difficult for some beginners in my friend group. It's completely red in Zel Am Ziller side, from Krimml/Konigsleiten side blues won't take you far either.
latest report
@kosmoz, the reds on the Ziller side are proper reds, the reds on the Gerlos side are much easier. However I have skied at Ziller with my daughter (then 6) and we got around ok. Don’t attempt the valley run with beginners under any circumstances.

On the Konigsleitenspitze the blacks are reds (in somewhere like Mayrhofen) and the reds are mainly easy.

But you can make use of Kaltenbach/Fügen etc as well if you stay on the Ziller side of the Arena.

Plenty for all standards in the Ziller.
ski holidays
We're going to stay in Wald im Pinzgau, so Wildkogel arena and Kitzbuhel are first choises if heading not in Zillertal arena. Zillertal arena accesible for us from Konigsleiten side. I thing we'll warm up a day or two in Wildkogel Arena and build up from there Smile
latest report
Sigh, I saw an update to the thread and hoped someone was posting about hintertux conditions!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sorry, mate, just searched for the most recent Zillertal thread and didn't noticed it' about weather and conditions Smile
ski holidays
No need to apologize these are always the best threads to get info from regulars on, I just got excited at the thought of someone still skiing!
snow report
I made some videos of my ski trip in the 2018/209 ski season

http://youtube.com/v/yzpuznqwBus&list=PL3DLIU9DheQPNAPGccfJWZvf5vjqZD7ke
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy