Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prebooked powder week but no snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What happens then ?

Can you cancel, or do you just have to stay on piste and do something else ?

Lots of courses look very appealing, but they all cost a few bob.

A late booking could remove the risk on the snow front, but the courses may be booked by then.

Anyone had experience of such a disappointment ?

To pre-empt WTFH, I have had a lesson in Alta. Tuition is quite expensive over there, so I only had one lesson and it was not pre-booked.

The Alta instructor offered a refund if we were not satisfied with our progress. Great look of horror on her face when I said beforehand that was exactly what I intended to do. All the other Americans in the lesson looked puzzled. Too earnest and unable to spot someone pulling their leg ? Maybe they put the fear of God in the instructors that the customer is always right ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo, there must be other off piste opportunities surely? No powder doesn't mean no off piste - I've just skied down some lovely mucky stuff - great fun!!! If I was running a course that's what we'd do - ski whatever's there. OK it's not as much fun as powder perhaps, but great in it's own way. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And the worse the snow quality the better your technique gets Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski wrote:
Latchigo, No powder doesn't mean no off piste - I've just skied down some lovely mucky stuff - great fun!!! If I was running a course that's what we'd do - ski whatever's there. OK it's not as much fun as powder perhaps, but great in it's own way. Little Angel

What does 'tracked out' mean in SCGB off piste snow reports ? I always read it as 'no go area'.

As Scarpa points out, 'mucky stuff' implies better technique. Would you attempt this with any standard of piste skier ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Latchigo,

Tracked out means zillions of peeps have chopped it all up for you but any guide worth his salt will know of somewhere for you that isn't totally wasted.
Its not the the fact thats it tracked that I would worry about, its the quality of the snow. We found good stashes last week, its just a question of how far off track you can go
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Latchigo, Yes - as JT says, tracked out means there's no fresh powder left. It's true that a good guide can usually find you some, but sometimes it's a triumph to find 3 turns in fresh! No problem skiing tracked snow unless it's frozen over - then it's really difficult, and yes, I would ski it with any level skier (depending on the slope of course). Very good for your technique. Very Happy the stuff I skied yeasterday was tracked out but the snow was variable from soft to slushy to frozen - changing with every turn. Love my Zags!!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, which Zags did you get Charlotte? I've forgotten.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, Le Rouge. If you remember Ise hated them at the Mondial. I can't remember if you tried them. I loved them and ski on them nearly as much as the Fischers now - that's saying something!!!! Will bring them at the end of the season.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski wrote:
PG, Le Rouge. If you remember Ise hated them at the Mondial. I can't remember if you tried them. I loved them and ski on them nearly as much as the Fischers now - that's saying something!!!! Will bring them at the end of the season.

Hate's a bit strong but I wasn't impressed, in fact the only ski that did impress me there was the Elan slalom skis which were fantastic.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, OK - but you told me I'd be disappointed and words to the effect that you thought they were rubbish etc.!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, I was embarrased to say how the good the Elans were in case you beat up the Elan rep's again Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, It would appear that ise, was not alone in disliking the Zag Rouge...unless of course he wrote this review wink
http://www.skireviews.co.uk/en/zag/2006/le-rouge/le-rouge-review.html

Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, Interesting. None of the people slagging them off are saying why Shocked Shocked rolling eyes I've added my (positive) review and will wait to see if it gets published - probably not if I disagree with them, although one other said they liked them. I can list why I like them, and have already done so ad nauseum on this forum!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ise, agreed, the Elan SLs and GSs we found were both awesomely good fun.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've always liked the Elans I've tried

DM, good time...?? where's the report..??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy