Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to go with kids - Dolomites?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys, Please help. I am dithering about where to take the family skiing. We want to take my son, his wife, 2 children aged 2 and 4. The kids are outdoor kids. Last year we went to Lech and it was nice because we could trundle them around on sledges on the prepared walks. We could take them in the gondola to Oberlech to play in the snow. We love staying in the Dolomites but I haven't really noticed if there is much in the way of walking trails. We usually stay in Corvara which is lovely for us skiing but it is a busy town. We can fly from Bristol (Innsbruck) or Chambery (Exeter). Any ideas much appreciated. Ta. (Thinking of late Jan, early Feb).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@erica2004, You might care to consider staying in Ortisei in the Val Gardena vallei. For the skiers there is plenty of nice skiing in the valley resorts ( Ortisei, St Christina and Selva) and for the kids there are plenty of tobogganing areas ( obviously accompanied with an adult), see https://www.valgardena.it/en/winter-holidays-dolomites/activity-holiday/tobogganing/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have stayed in both Pozza di Fassa (https://www.fassa.com/?se=1) and Zoldo Alto (https://www.dolomiti.org/en/val-di-zoldo/) when our kids have been young (they are only 18 months and 4 now). Pozza di Fassa is just down the road the Canazei (proper town) and is a lovely village. There are walks along the river, sledging and a snow play area at the top of the gondola in Vigo di Fassa and the Alpe de Luisa ski area has great facilities for young children. Zoldo Alto is a very small place but again has a snow play and sledging area and the walk along the river is pretty. We have always flown to Venice and hired a car, it's a bit of a trek to Pozza (3 hours) but only about an hour and 20 mins to Zoldo Alto. I would say you would need to hire a car for both. Love the Dolomites!

I've written a blog post with more info on both trips if you are really bored!!
https://ownthetrail.co.uk/2017/04/28/sneaky-spring-ski/
https://ownthetrail.co.uk/2015/03/30/snowboarding-with-a-babypart-ii/

Happy planning!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For a large area of easy blues on the Sella Ronda Colfosco or La Villa are quieter choices on but in the same zone as Corvara. Chambrey is a loooooong way from the Dolomites and Innsbruck is closer than the Italian airports (just make sure you get cross-border with car hire if your driving).

Not sure you find much walking anywhere in the Dolomites during the winter season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just an idea but Easyjet started flights from Bristol to Åre, Sweden this year, on sundays which is the changeover day. Sweden is very child friendly. The 4 year old can do lessons. The 2 year is too young (lessons start age 3) but you can take them on the slopes if you want. Skistar.com has accommodation, ski passes etc. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are 34 ski resorts in the Dolomites.

Val Gardena is biggest. But it is low.

Arabba is highest. But it is small.

Cortina is poshest. But it is spreadout.

Take yer pick.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the useful suggestions. We have stayed in Val Gardena and Corvara about ten times but I haven't paid much attention to child facilities etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have a look here as the kiddie facilities on the slope are great and the gentle pistes are directly out the back door. Although I haven't stayed here I did make a mental note of the place whilst skiing around this area for the the future as my 1st grandchild turned 2 last week. So i'm guessing i will be back here in a year or two.
There are a couple of other hotels close by.

http://www.hotelargentinacortina.it/index.php/en/cortina-winter
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold wrote:
There are 34 ski resorts in the Dolomites.

Val Gardena is biggest. But it is low.

Arabba is highest. But it is small.

Cortina is poshest. But it is spreadout.

Take yer pick.

Whitegold I haven’t been on these boards that long but these multi syllable answers of yours are freaking me out. I like your trademark one word (sometimes with a perplexing reference) much better.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sbooker,
Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy