Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva (Dolomiti Superski) conditions early March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of us are planning to go to Selva on the 2nd of March.
We’ve always went away together on the fist week of Feb and havn’t experienced bad conditions before. I’m just wondering what to expect, should we be worried or go somewhere else or am I worrying for no reason?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

am I worrying for no reason

Yes

Look at the altitude of Sëlva and if you're still fretting the snowmaking.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@colly10, average snow depth last 5 years for Selva is about 70cms. A bit deeper than in February. Snowmaking and piste management in the area is excellent.

The past is not necessarily a guide to the future but I wouldn’t worry.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have had a total of 5 weeks in Dolomiti Superski during March over last few years and snow cover has always been excellent. I think that March is probably the best month for snow depths in most resorts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, looks like i’m worrying for no reason 😊
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't worry about snow conditions in the Dollys unless it has been really warm.

They have very extensive snowmaking facilities.

They are the best in Europe in managing what snow they have.

Almost all the runs are picked clean of rocks so 15 cm of snow gives good coverage and is skiable.

Anyway early March will be fine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8 inches over this.weekend. 25th August. Pretty mental
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TQA wrote:

Almost all the runs are picked clean of rocks so 15 cm of snow gives good coverage and is skiable.

Just like Scotland 😃
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You will be fine, as others mentioned Val Gardena is excellent at snow grooming. Runs at altitude should be in great condition, although valley itself may not be a winter wonderland. We were there late Feb. last year and conditions couldn't have been better, had about 10-15 cm total new snow at altitude but just a dusting in Selva itself.

Our group had such a good time in Selva that I think we would have enjoyed even relatively bad conditions.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy